Tuesday, October 24, 2017

EP 128 - The Past Is Present

EPISODE 128
Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Written By: Martin C. Layton
Executive Producer: Dawn Gregory
Directed By: Brett Hellman

SAME DAY. NIGHT.

At Finders/Keepers, in Margo and Katie’s Shared Office, Margo and Tom enter the office. Both Margo and Tom are soaking wet.

MARGO: (turning on the lights) I can’t believe this rain.

TOM: It is just insane how hard it is coming down.

MARGO: (going to her desk) I hope you don’t mind that we stopped here. Katie just left some notes for me on a case.

Margo begins looking around her desk for the notes.

MARGO: Well, that’s weird.

TOM: What is it?

MARGO: Katie just promised me that the notes would be sitting right by my computer. However, they aren’t here.

TOM: Maybe you should call her.

MARGO: I think I’m going to.

Margo then goes over to her office phone. She picks it up, dials, and puts it to her ear. After a couple of seconds, she hears a beeping noise.

MARGO: Hi, Katie. This is your sister calling. Look, you said you left some notes for me on the Scott sibling case. But, I can’t find them. Give me a call back when you get this, hon. Love you. Bye.

Margo puts the phone back on the hook.

MARGO: Fingers crossed that she answers soon.
---

At April and Marcus’ Apartment, in the Living Room, Marcus is packing up boxes. He is also talking on his cell phone.

MARCUS: (on the phone) April, just hurry back here. It looks like the storm is getting really bad out there. I don’t want you caught in this. This storm should be the least of our worries. Okay, I’m gonna let you go so you can drive. Bye.

As Marcus hangs up the phone, there is a knock at the door. He lets out a sigh and walks over to the door.

MARCUS: (opening the door) Eliza…

ELIZA: Hello, Marcus. Do you have a second?

MARCUS: Now’s not really a good time.

ELIZA: Why do you say that?

MARCUS: Because, my sister and I are leaving town tonight.

A shocked Eliza is at a loss for words.
---

At an Old Mansion, in the Living Room, the camera zooms in on Katie. Katie is asleep and laying on the couch. A clap of thunder is heard throughout the home. This prompts Katie to awake. A horrified Katie jolts up.

KATIE: Where the hell am I?

Katie then realizes she is dressed in a red gown.

KATIE: What the…

Katie then looks around the giant living room.

KATIE: What is this place?

Katie then hears footsteps approaching her. She sits up straight.

KATIE: Who’s there!

Katie then sees someone heading towards her. She can’t make out who it is because the person heading towards her is wearing a cloak with a hood. She is breathing more and more heavily as the person approaches her. The person then steps more into the light.

KATIE: Who are you?

The person then takes their hood off.

MAN: Hello, Katie.

The person is revealed to be Julian!


KATIE: No. No. It can’t be. My mind must be playing tricks on me. Julian Stenbeck is dead. He’s dead. This can’t be real. Julian’s dead.

JULIAN: That’s where you’re wrong, Katie. I’m very much alive.
---
---

At the LakeView, in Diana’s Suite, Jack wakes up from being knocked out. He is a little ‘out of it’. As he gets up, he feels the back of his head.

JACK: Damn. What the hell happened?

Jack then notices Diana’s suitcase is gone.

JACK: You have got to be kidding me.

Jack gets his cell phone out of his pocket. He unlocks the phone, dials a number, and puts the phone up to his ear.

JACK: (on the phone) This is Commissioner Jack Snyder. I need you to put out an APB on a Diana McColl. I need all units checking the roads, the airport, and please send some officers over to search the LakeView. I gotta go. Bye.

Jack hangs up the phone. He then rushes out of the suite.
---

At the Snyder Farm, in the Living Room, Rosanna and Carly are sitting on the couch. Both of them are drinking tea.

ROSANNA: So, Craig really asked if there was anything wrong with me?

CARLY: Yeah. He did. He just about grilled me on the subject.

ROSANNA: What’d you tell him?

CARLY: Don’t worry, I covered.

ROSANNA: Thank god. The last thing I need is Craig Montgomery breathing down my neck. I’ve been done with him for a long time. I want to keep it that way.

CARLY: Good for you.
---

Back at Finders/Keepers, in Margo and Katie’s Shared Office, Margo sits down behind her desk. Tom sits across from her.

MARGO: (opening a file) I am so glad that I found Katie’s notes.

TOM: You got lucky.

MARGO: I really did. I was one step away from losing it. I’m gonna call her again and tell her that everything worked out.

Margo picks up her office phone again. She dials a number and then puts the phone up to her ear. A couple seconds later, she hears a beeping noise.

MARGO: (on the phone) Hi, Katie, it’s me. Look, don’t worry about my message that I left before. I found the notes. Okay. Have a good night. Bye.

As Margo hangs up the phone, a look of concern comes across her face.

TOM: Okay, I can tell something is wrong. What’s up?

MARGO: I think it is just odd that I got Katie’s voicemail again.

TOM: Why do you find that odd?

MARGO: Because, getting her voicemail once is totally like her. Getting it again, and her not returning my call, is so not like her. Something’s wrong, Tom. I can sense it.
---

On a Private Jet, Diana is sitting in a seat. She is buckled and read for takeoff. She is wearing a big formal hat and sunglasses.

PILOT: (over the speaker) This is your Captain speaking. We will be taking off in 15 minutes. Please, make sure that you are buckled and secured in your seat. We hope that you have a safe flight with us.

DIANA: Well, coming back here was a big mistake. Pretty soon, I’ll be on an island where no one will ever find me. Goodbye Oakdale.
---

Back at the Snyder Farm, in the Living Room, Carly takes a sip of her tea. She then sets her tea cup down on the table in front of her.

ROSANNA: Are you still going to my next appointment with me?

CARLY: Of course I am. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

ROSANNA: Aw thanks.

As the two women are about to carry on with their conversation, Jack barges in the home. Carly and Rosanna stand up.

CARLY: Jack, what’s going on? You look like you’re on a mission.

JACK: That’s because I am on a mission.

ROSANNA: What’s going on?

JACK: Diana McColl is wanted for drug possession. She can face up to 10 years in prison. Anyway, I was just about to arrest her when she hit me over the head with a candlestick holder. She knocked me unconscious and fled the LakeView.

CARLY: Oh my god. Are you okay?

JACK: I will be once I find her. And, once I arrest her.
---

At April and Marcus’ Apartment, in the Living Room, Eliza enters the apartment, Marcus shuts the door, turns around, and goes to her.

ELIZA: I can’t believe you’re leaving town. It seems like you just got here.

MARCUS: Yeah. I know it does. However, this is the right choice.

ELIZA: Why are you leaving?

MARCUS: Oakdale just didn’t work out for my sister and I.

ELIZA: Why not?

MARCUS: Well, she was the only one to find a job. I never did. Plus, there’s you. We just didn’t work out.

ELIZA: Well, I thought we were going to work out. But, before I knew it, you shoved me out of your car in a forceful manner.

MARCUS: Sorry about that.

ELIZA: Are you?

MARCUS: Of course I am.

Then, Marcus’ phone rings. He gets it out of his pocket and looks down at who is calling him. It is April.

MARCUS: April’s calling. I gotta take this. Do you mind waiting here? We can talk about everything that has happened.

ELIZA: I don’t mind waiting at all.

MARCUS: Cool.

Marcus walks off to take the call. Eliza then takes a deep breath.

ELIZA: Well, I better get something out of this visit.

Eliza sets her purse down, walks over to a box, and opens it. She begins looking through the box. After awhile of looking through the box, she finds a piece of paper folded up. When she unfolds it, the contents on the paper appear to be a letter.

ELIZA: What is this?

Eliza begins reading the letter.

THE LETTER SAYS:

Dear D.A. Whitback,

This is Marcus Scott. Look, I’ve thought about it, and I would like to accept the plea deal. I didn’t mean to ever murder that author with my sister. I didn’t mean to strangle him. I was just scared of what my sister might’ve done to me if I didn’t go through with it. Anyway, I will take the plea deal.

Sincerely,
Marcus Scott

ELIZA: Oh my god. He and April murdered someone. Oh my god.

Eliza then folds the letter back up. She then puts the letter back in the box. As she turns around, she sees Marcus.

ELIZA: Oh, Marcus. I...I...I…

MARCUS: I really wish you wouldn’t have read that.

Eliza looks down a little. She sees Marcus holding a gun on her. The gun is pointed at her abdomen.

ELIZA: I think I should go.

MARCUS: You aren’t going anywhere.

A clap of thunder is heard throughout the apartment.
---

Back at the Old Mansion, in the Living Room, Katie, still hesitant, stands up. She then walks over to Julian.

KATIE: You’re supposed to be dead. You and Tom fought over a gun. The gun went off. You were shot. Half the town watched you bleed out.

JULIAN: That’s what all of you were made to think. I knew the paramedics that came to assess all of you that were involved in the ballroom hostage crisis I created. After all of you were gone, they took me to a hospital outside of town. I paid a lot of money for a team of doctors to save my life. As you can tell, they did.

KATIE: Okay. That explains how you’re alive. But, why am I here? Why did you decide to call me in those creepy ways?

JULIAN: I needed to get your attention somehow.

KATIE: You kidnapped me! You brought me to this old mansion! You put me in this gown! Why, Julian?! Why?!

JULIAN: Because, I still love you, Katie! You are the love of my life. I fought against all the odds to get back to you. And, here I am. Right here. Don’t you still love me too?

The sound of silence comes across the room. Julian then leans in to kiss Katie. However, Katie pulls back.

KATIE: This is crazy. You are crazy. I’m sorry, Julian. But, I don’t love you. I need to go back home. This is insane.

JULIAN: I’m sorry, Katie. But, I can’t let you leave.

KATIE: And, why can’t you let me leave?

JULIAN: Because, I need your help.

The camera zooms in on Katie’s shocked and questionable face.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 128***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...