Thursday, October 19, 2017

EP 127 - Katie's Life Is Put In Danger

EPISODE 127

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Written By: Martin C. Layton
Executive Producer: Dawn Gregory
Directed By: Brett Hellman

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.

At Metro, JJ is wiping down the bar table. He is restocking resources behind the bar. Then, Eliza comes down the stairs and enters the nightclub. She then walks up to JJ.

ELIZA: Well, well, well, what’d you do this time to get into trouble?

JJ stops what he’s doing and goes to the bar table.

JJ: Ha, ha, ha, very funny. I am doing this to help my mom. She’s been very busy lately trying to make this partnership work with Craig Montgomery.

ELIZA: Well, that is awfully nice of you.

JJ: I thought so. Anyway, what brings you by?

ELIZA: I need to talk to you about the whole April and Marcus thing.

JJ: Okay. What about it?

ELIZA: Tonight, I am going to visit Marcus.

JJ: What? Why?

ELIZA: Because, we need answers. And, I know that I can get the answers we need from him. I just need to be given a shot.

JJ: Eliza, the most dangerous thing you could do is visit Marcus. There is no way in hell I can let you do that.
---

At the new CT Designs building, Carly is sitting behind her desk and typing on her computer. She is on her cell phone.

CARLY: (over the phone) Ro, I would love to go to an appointment with you. In fact, I’m putting your appointment time and date in my computer calendar right now. And, don’t worry everything will be okay very soon. Before you know it, everything wrong with you will be fixed. Um...I gotta go. But, I love you. Alright. Bye, honey.

As Carly hangs up the phone, she looks up to see Craig at her door.

CARLY: Craig, hi.

CRAIG: Hello, Carly.

CARLY: How long have you been standing there, boss?

CRAIG: Long enough to know that something is going on with Rosanna. So, what in the world is going on with Rosanna?
---

At Java Underground, a Barista hands Katie coffee in a to-go cup.

KATIE: Thanks.

BARISTA: You’re welcome. Come back anytime.

Katie smiles and walks off. As she gets out to the patio of the coffee house, her phone rings. She steps to the side, sets her coffee down on the table, and digs through her purse. Once she finds her phone, she presses the GREEN button and puts it to her ear.

KATIE: (on the phone) You’ve got Katie. Hello? Hello?

MYSTERY MAN: (over the phone) Ka...Ka…

KATIE: (on the phone) Who is this?

MYSTERY MAN: (over the phone) Katie…

KATIE: (on the phone) Julian? Julian, is that you?
---
---

At Sheila’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Sheila and Parker are sitting on the couch. Both of them are looking through binders to find the right centerpiece for their wedding.

PARKER: Now, you can get whatever you would like. I will pay for anything you want. I’m happy to do that for you. What do you think of the white roses? Sheila? Sheila? Honey!

SHEILA: I’m sorry. What’d you say?

PARKER: Forget about what I said. Is everything okay?

SHEILA: Yeah. Yeah. Everything is fine.

PARKER: Everything’s not fine. I can tell. What is it? What’s wrong?

SHEILA: (sighs) I’m still worried.

PARKER: Worried about what?

SHEILA: The fact that your mother is still not accepting us.
---

At the LakeView, the elevator doors ding open. Jack then walks down a hall of suites. He comes to Diana’s suite and stops. He then knocks on the door. A couple of seconds later, Diana opens the door.

DIANA: Hello. Can I help you?

JACK: My name is Jack Snyder.

DIANA: Snyder? Wow. A Snyder hasn’t been at my door in decades. Tell me, how is Emma doing these days?

JACK: My aunt is doing just fine. Anyway, enough about my family ties. I am here on official business, Ms. McColl.

DIANA: Official business? What is your business here?

JACK: I’m the Commissioner of Oakdale. And, I am here to question you about the night you tried to drug Steve Adropulous.
---

Back at Metro, JJ hands Eliza a glass filled with soda.

ELIZA: Thanks.

JJ: No problem. Anyway, back to this plan of your’s. What the hell are you thinking? Do you realize that you are walking down a dangerous path?

ELIZA: Look, we don’t know if Marcus and April really murdered someone.

JJ: Right. We don’t have a definite answer. However, we hired Katie and Margo to look into their pasts. Apparently, we think they did something.

ELIZA: Let me do this. Please. Let me do this. Let me just get us some answers. I swear that nothing bad will happen to me.

JJ: Famous last words.

ELIZA: Not a chance.
---

Back at Sheila’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Parker closes a binder and sets it on top of another closed binder.

PARKER: Can I tell you something?

SHEILA: Of course.

PARKER: I don’t give a damn if my mom accepts our relationship or not. I love you. And, that is all that matters to me. My mom can think what she wants. Honestly, I don’t care. Plus, we shouldn’t be taking advice from my mother. After all, she’s been married seven times.

SHEILA: Seven? Are you kidding?

PARKER: I wish I was.

Sheila lets out a little laugh.

PARKER: There’s that laugh I love so much. (taking her hands) All that matters in this life is us. All that matters is that we are together. I can’t wait to be your husband. And, I can’t wait to make you my wife. I love you, Sheila.

SHEILA: Oh, Parker, I love you too.

Parker and Sheila kiss one another.
---

Back at CT Designs, Carly comes out from behind her desk. She then walks over to Craig. Craig walks fully into the office.

CARLY: You weren’t supposed to hear any of that conversation.

CRAIG: This is my company and my office. I wasn’t eavesdropping, Carly. I was simply just walking into this office to continue my workday. But, that doesn’t matter. I want to return to the matter at hand. What’s going on with Rosanna?

CARLY: That’s none of your damn business, Craig.

CRAIG: Carly, I care about Rosanna. If there is something going on, please tell me. I need to know if something bad is going on in her life.

CARLY: You don’t need to know anything. Nor do you deserve to know anything. You are not privy to Rosanna’s life anymore.

CRAIG: Okay. That’s fair.

CARLY: I think so.

CRAIG: But, if something awful happens to her, I will not forgive you for not telling me that something was going on with her in the first place.

CARLY: I think I can live with that.
---

Back at the LakeView, in Diana’s Suite, Jack brushes pass Diana. Diana shuts the door and turns around. She then goes to Jack. Jack then notices that a suitcase is on Diana’s bed.

JACK: I see you’ve got a bag packed. Going somewhere?

DIANA: I’m actually unpacking things. There was a broken door on the wardrobe in this room. It has just gotten repaired.

JACK: I see.

DIANA: So, you said you were here to question me about the night I was going to drug Steve Andropoulos? May I ask where you’ve gotten your information from?

JACK: My department has been sent evidence. There is enough for you to go in front of a judge. You’ll even get a couple of years.

DIANA: But, I didn’t drug anyone.

JACK: But, you were in possession of drugs.

DIANA: You can’t prove anything.

JACK: Actually, I can. There are three people willing to testify against you. Originally, it was only going to be Steve and Betsy. However, this morning, I got a hold of Craig Montgomery. He’s willing to testify against you too.

DIANA: You’re going to believe the word of Craig Montgomery? That’s even more laughable than the amount of crimes the Oakdale PD has solved.

JACK: Diana, you committed a crime. You will get up to 10 years in prison for the amount of drugs you had in your possession. I just can’t let you slide.

DIANA: I’m gonna call my attorney.

JACK: Okay. Go right ahead.

Jack turns around. Diana then begins to walk over to her hotel room phone. Once she makes her way over to the phone, she grabs a candlestick holder sitting on the table. She then charges after Jack and hits him over the head with it! Jack falls to the floor. He is now unconscious!

DIANA: I’m not going down for my crime. I did nothing wrong! And, remember that suitcase of mine, Commissioner? I was planning to leave town all along.

Diana then grabs her suitcase. She walks to the door.

DIANA: (opening the door) Goodbye Oakdale.

As Diana shuts the door, the camera pans and zooms on Jack.
---

Back at Java Underground, on the Patio, Katie is still on the phone.

KATIE: (on the phone) Julian? Julian, is that you? Please, answer me. If it is you, just say my name again. Please. I need to know.

After a couple of seconds, Katie lets out a sigh and hangs up her phone.

KATIE: I guess that it wasn’t him.

She then puts her purse on her shoulder. As she grabs her coffee, someone grabs her from behind! Katie drops her coffee cup and her phone. The camera zooms out from the patio.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 127**

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...