Tuesday, September 26, 2017

EP 120 - Rosanna's Medical Mystery

EPISODE 120

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Jennifer Pepperman

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.

At BRO, in Barbara’s office, Lisa is sitting across from Barbara at a small conference table. Barbara is reading Lisa’s first column. After a couple of seconds, Barbara puts it down.

LISA: Alright. Well, don’t keep me in suspense. What’d you think of my first column back under my pseudonym?

BARBARA: Do you want an honest answer?

LISA: Of course I do.

BARBARA: I hated it.
---

At Dusty’s Home, Emily enters. Dusty shuts the door and turns around. The two proceed to walk into the living room.

DUSTY: So, why’d you wanna see me, Em?

EMILY: Well, I need your help on something.

DUSTY: What is this something?

EMILY: A project that I’m working on. I think you will be quick to say ‘yes’ once I tell you what it is all about. Trust me. You’re gonna love it.
---

At Holden and Lily’s Home, in the living room, Lily is on the phone.

LILY: Alright, honey. Well, go do your session. I love you too. Bye.

As Lily hangs up, Holden enters the room.

HOLDEN: Who was that?

LILY: (turning around) That was Faith.

HOLDEN: Oh...how is she?

LILY: It seems as though our daughter is getting worse.
---
---

At The Oakdale Chronicle, in Diego’s office, Diego and April finish shaking hands. The two then walk over to Diego’s desk and sit.

DIEGO: So, how are you today, April?

APRIL: I’m doing well, thank you. You?

DIEGO: Couldn’t be better. So, are you ready to get started on this interview? If so, please hand over your resume.

APRIL: Yes, I am very ready.

April hands Diego her resume.

DIEGO: Wow.

APRIL: What?

DIEGO: You worked for novelist Tobias Morris? Well, go on. Tell me. What was it like working for him?
---

At Memorial Hospital, Rosanna is waiting in an examination room. She is tapping the sides of the examination table. Then, her doctor enters.

ROSANNA: Hello, Doctor Minshew.

DR. MINSHEW: Hi, Rosanna. What brings you here today?

ROSANNA: Well, for the past few weeks, I’ve been getting these excruciating headaches. And, I’ve been so tired lately. I just wanted to get a check up is all.

DR. MINSHEW: Alright. We can do that. Why don’t I walk you to a changing room. You can get changed in a hospital gown and we can take you to run some test.

ROSANNA: Alright. Sounds good. Let’s do it.
---

Back at Dusty’s Home, in the living room, Dusty and Emily are sitting on the couch. Emily has outlined her plans to Dusty.

EMILY: So, what do you think?

DUSTY: I am truly impressed.

EMILY: Do you really mean that?

DUSTY: I do, Emily. I really do.

EMILY: So, does that mean you want to come on board?

DUSTY: Look, this is a subject that is very near and dear to my heart. I know that it is also near and dear to your heart.

EMILY: What does all of that mean?

DUSTY: (smiling) It means that I would love to join you in this venture. I have a feeling that we will be able to do great things together, partner.

Emily smiles. Her and Dusty shake hands.
---

Back at Lily and Holden’s Home, in the living room, Lily throws her phone on the table. She then let’s out a sigh and sits on the couch. Holden sits next to her.

HOLDEN: What do you mean she’s not getting better?

LILY: (sighs) Before I spoke with our daughter, I talked with one of her doctors. They said to me that the therapies aren’t working. Faith has nightmares about her assault. She still thinks of Paul as her lover.

HOLDEN: Dammit. I was really hoping this place would help her.

LILY: I was hoping so too. But, I think it will. Maybe we were just hoping for a quick fix to Faith’s issues. Clearly, we need to be patient.

HOLDEN: You’re right. We do need to be patient. She will get better. I know it. She’s our Faith. She’s a fighter.

LILY: Yes. Yes, she is. The best thing that we can do for her...is pray. We have to pray that our daughter receives the best care. We have to pray that she will find her way back to some level of normalcy. And, in time, I know she will.

HOLDEN: I know she will too.

Lily leans on Holden. The two snuggle up to one another.
---

Back at BRO, in Barbara’s office, Barbara and Lisa both get up from the table. The two women walk to the bar cart. Barbara pours herself a glass of water.

LISA: Why geez, Barbara, did you have to be so harsh?

BARBARA: You asked for my honest opinion. I merely gave it to you.

LISA: Well, it was a little rude. Look, I haven’t written this gossip column in nearly decades. It is going to take awhile for me to ease back in. Plus, I’ve had some writer's block.

BARBARA: Writer's block? That’s what I don’t understand. You had a huge story to cover. A story people still want details to. However, you decided not to cover it. That’s probably why you had the blockage.

LISA: What story are you referring to?

BARBARA: The one about Brooklyn holding Kim hostage.

LISA: Oh, I didn’t want to print that. Douglas Cummings also hurt us. Or, did you forget? He swindled us a long time ago.

BARBARA: I know. However, it is still news. And, with this type of news, comes a lot of gossip. So, chop! Chop! Get to writing!
---

Back at The Oakdale Chronicle, in Diego’s office, Diego is flipping through April’s resume. April crosses her legs and sits up straight.

APRIL: It was quite an experience. It was a lot of fun too.

DIEGO: And, why did you decide to leave that job?

APRIL: As you may know, Tobias passed away.

DIEGO: Oh gosh. Forgive me. That completely slipped my mind.

APRIL: Oh. Don’t apologize. You’re fine.

DIEGO: Could you tell me what you did after that job?

Then, April becomes deep in her thoughts.

(FLASHBACK)

APRIL: This bastard is trying to cheat me out of a salary. Marcus, I can’t let hom do that. My whole life rides on this one job.

MARCUS: What if you didn’t have to worry about money anymore?

APRIL: What the hell are you talking about? I’m always gonna worry.

MARCUS: Not if you had this guy's fortune.

APRIL: What are you saying?

MARCUS: I say let’s rob him. Then, we’ll kill him.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

DIEGO: April…?

APRIL: (snapping out of it) Sorry. What?

DIEGO: I was just asking you what your next occupation was. Is everything okay? Do you need a moment to yourself?

APRIL: (laughs) No. No, I’m fine. Let’s carry on with the interview.
---

Back at Memorial Hospital, Rosanna is laying down in an MRI machine.

DR. MINSHEW: Hello, Rosanna. This is Doctor Minshew. I am going to need for you to lay as still as possible. This will only take a second.

ROSANNA: Okay.

The machine clicks on and a loud noise is heard throughout.

DR. MINSHEW: That’s right, Rosanna. Continue to breath.

On the other side of the machine, Dr. Minshew is looking at the pictures that are appearing on her computer screen.

DR. MINSHEW: Oh my god. This can’t be.

The camera zooms in on Dr. Minshew’s puzzled face.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 120***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...