Thursday, September 28, 2017

EP 121 - Will Margo & Katie's Search Pay Off?

EPISODE 121

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Maria Wagner

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.

At Marcus and April’s Apartment, April enters. She throws her keys and purse on the couch. She then goes into the kitchen, gets a glass from the cabinet, and turns on the water. She fills her glass up with tap water and turns the sink off. Then, Marcus enters.

APRIL: Hey. I was just about to call out for you.

MARCUS: Oh. Why?

APRIL: Well, I have some news for you.

MARCUS: Concerning the job interview?

APRIL: Ding, ding, ding.
---

At the Mona Lisa, Valerie is sitting at the bar. She is having a glass of wine. Susan enters and goes up to the bar.

SUSAN: (talking to the bartender) Could I get a club soda please?

The bartender goes off to get Susan her drink. Susan sits down on one of the chairs and sets her purse on top of the table. Valerie looks over and stares at her from a distance.
---

At Memorial Hospital, in an examination room, Rosanna is sitting on top of an examination table. She is in a hospital gown. Then, Dr. Minshew enters.

ROSANNA: Doctor Minshew. Hi.

DR. MINSHEW: Good afternoon, Rosanna.

ROSANNA: So…, what’s going on? Are my scans in?

DR. MINSHEW: Yes, they are.

ROSANNA: And…

DR. MINSHEW: Things don’t look good.
---
---

At Finders/Keepers, in Margo and Katie’s joint office, Margo and Katie are eating Chinese food and looking over papers and files.

MARGO: I don’t know your thoughts about this, but these Scott siblings have definitely hid their past well.

KATIE: That’s my thoughts exactly.

MARGO: I am even having trouble finding anything on Marcus post high school. It is like he dropped off the face of the Earth.

KATIE: Well, we known that didn’t happen.

MARGO: (laughs) I know that.

KATIE: So, what happens now?

MARGO: We take a break from Marcus, and we move on to April.
---

At Java Underground, Eliza and JJ sit down. Both of them have coffee.

JJ: Hey, thanks for meeting me here on such short notice.

ELIZA: Yeah. No problem. What’s up?

JJ: Well, I wanted to talk to you about the case.

ELIZA: Okay. Yeah. Sure. What about it?

JJ: Are you sure this is the right thing to do?
---

Back at Marcus and April’s Apartment, April picks up her glass of water. Marcus and April then walk into the living room.

MARCUS: So, how did the interview go?

APRIL: I would say it went pretty well.

MARCUS: How well are we talking?

APRIL: Well, you are looking at the new editor of The Oakdale Chronicle.

MARCUS: Wow. Congratulation, sis. I am very happy for you.

APRIL: Why do I get the feeling that, that wasn’t sincere?

MARCUS: It was. However, I still think it was the wrong move.

APRIL: When are you gonna get it through your head that I know what I’m doing? We are never going to get caught. Do you hear me? Never.
---

Back at Finders/Keepers, in Margo and Katie’s joint office, Katie takes a bite of noodles and sets the box down.

MARGO: Anything yet?

KATIE: No.

MARGO: Gosh, this is getting irritating.

KATIE: I agree with that.

MARGO: I mean these siblings have to be hiding something big. It is like they don’t exist. That only means one thing.

KATIE: Historically speaking, yes.

MARGO: But what? What could it be?

KATIE: I don’t know. But, I have a feeling that April and Marcus’ lives haven’t always been sunshine and rainbows. They’re hiding something. And, we’re going to figure out what that something is.

MARGO: Damn right we are.
---

Back at the Mona Lisa, Valerie is now standing in a corner with her glass of wine. Susan is still sitting at the bar. Valerie watches Rosanna from a distance. She becomes deep in thought.

(FLASHBACK)

Valerie is in a park. She is reading a letter.

JOHN: (narration) Dearest Valerie, I have written this letter to you to tell you who your mother could possibly be. As you know, I don’t even know who your mother is. It is something I have thought about for a long time. If I knew, I would reveal it to you. I have wanted my daughter to come to Oakdale for a very long time. I would love for you to come to town and help me search for your mother. I love you, my sweet girl. Have a lovely day.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

Valerie abruptly comes out of her thoughts, dropping her wine glass. Everyone turns their attention to her. Valerie meets Susan’s eyes.
---

Back at Java Underground, JJ takes a sip of his coffee.

ELIZA: I don’t understand what you mean.

JJ: I mean, was this the right thing to do? Should we have gone to Katie and Margo about April and Marcus?

ELIZA: I believe that we had every right to. JJ, they are so mysterious. And, it isn’t a cute mysterious. It is this mysterious that is awkward and odd.

JJ: I guess you’re right. I just want to make sure that we’re playing our cards correctly. This could be a really dangerous game.

ELIZA: It could be. But, if they did something bad, we have every right to know. The whole entire Oakdale community deserves to know.

JJ: Well, let’s hope we can help out the community.

ELIZA: Yeah. Let’s hope.
---

Back at Memorial Hospital, in an examination room, Dr. Minshew sets Rosanna’s chart down on a counter. She walks back over to Rosanna.

DR. MINSHEW: Now, once I tell this news to you, I want you to please stay calm. You staying calm is the best thing for you to do.

ROSANNA: Okay. I will try and stay calm.

DR. MINSHEW: Alright. Your MRI images were very shocking to me. What I saw was something I have never seen. That is because of the mass and magnitude.

ROSANNA: Doctor, what does all of this mean?

DR. MINSHEW: Rosanna, you have a brain tumor.

The camera zooms in on Rosanna’s horrified and nervous face.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 121***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...