Thursday, September 21, 2017

EP 119 - Diego Reaches Out To Iva

EPISODE 119

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Brett Hellman

NEW DAY. MORNING.

At the Walsh Mansion, Iva comes down the stairs. She then proceeds to walk into the living room. She walks over to a small table and pours herself a cup of coffee. Then, there is a knock at the door. She takes her mug and walks to the door.

IVA: (opening the door) What the hell do you want?

DIEGO: I needed to see you.

IVA: Well, I don’t want to see you.
---

At Betsy’s Penthouse, in the living room, Betsy is looking out the window. She is having a glass of orange juice. Then, Steve enters.

STEVE: Good morning.

Betsy turns around and goes to him.

BETSY: Good morning, honey.

The two kiss.

STEVE: What were you thinking about just now?

BETSY: Funny you should ask. I was thinking about Diana.
---
---

At the Mona Lisa, Lucinda and Susan are sitting at a table. Both of them are drinking a cup of tea. They have papers and files spread out everywhere.

LUCINDA: I can’t believe we’ve made all this progress.

SUSAN: I can’t believe it either. Oh, and before I forget, I have to thank you. I have not gotten the chance to properly thank you yet.

LUCINDA: Properly thank me for what?

SUSAN: For securing Mr. Wu’s donation. I still can’t get over that generous donation he made. And, he did it…

LUCINDA: Because, he likes me.

SUSAN: He likes you?

LUCINDA: Yes, he does. What can I say? I still turn heads.

SUSAN: (laughs) I bet that you do.

Susan looks down to put papers in a file. She then stops her work abruptly.

LUCINDA: Susan, are you okay? Is everything alright?

Susan is silent for a second.

LUCINDA: Susan…!

SUSAN: Sorry...what’d you say?

LUCINDA: What’s wrong?

SUSAN: I just noticed something.

LUCINDA: What?

SUSAN: You’re not wearing the ring John gave you.
---

At the LakeView, in Diana’s Suite, Diana is by the door. Craig enters and Diana shuts the door. She then turns around.

DIANA: Thank you for coming on such short notice.

CRAIG: No problem at all. In fact, my office is right across the street. So, it was no trouble at all getting here to see you.

DIANA: Well, good. But, enough with the small talk. We have some very important business to discuss. I have something urgent that I need to tell you.

CRAIG: Okay. What’s so urgent?

DIANA: Grant Gibson will be helping us achieve success in our plan.
---

Back at Betsy’s Penthouse, in the living room, Betsy refills her glass of orange juice, takes a sip, and sets it down on the table.

STEVE: You were thinking about Diana?

BETSY: I was.

STEVE: Well, go on. Tell me. Why were you?

BETSY: Well, she just came to mind. I have all these thoughts about her return to town. I don’t know why I’m thinking of them 24/7.

STEVE: Maybe you haven’t shared your feelings fully.

BETSY: I don’t know. Maybe you’re right.

STEVE: Betsy, you can tell me anything. I’m here to listen.

BETSY: (sighs) Look, I know you want to see the good in her. I can understand that. I know you want to cut her slack because she’s being chased by a drug lord. However, I just can’t trust her so easily. We have such a history with her, Steve.

STEVE: Look, I do want to cut Diana a little bit of slack. However, that doesn’t mean that my guard is not fully up. I am not giving her the full special treatment.

BETSY: It just seems to me like you are. Look, I’m not expressing these feelings to be a bitch. I am just trying to look out for you...for us. Our relationship was not easy to repair. It took a lot of time. And, because it took a lot of time, I have become very protective of it. I just don’t want her to get in the way like she did all those years ago.

STEVE: Betsy, there is one thing I can promise you. She will not get in the way. I am going to make sure that doesn’t happen. I just need for you to trust me.

BETSY: I do. I do trust you. I completely trust you. I one hundred and ten percent trust you. I love you too. I really do.

Betsy goes to Steve. The two embrace. He kisses her on the forehead.

STEVE: Everything will be just fine.

BETSY: (sighs) I hope that you’re right.
---

At the Walsh Mansion, Iva takes a sip of her coffee.

DIEGO: Iva, please let me in. Let’s talk. We need to talk.

IVA: Are you stupid or something?

DIEGO: Excuse me?

IVA: When a lady is persistent about avoiding a man who broke her heart, it means she doesn’t want to talk to him.

DIEGO: And, when a man is persistent about loving a lady, it means that man wants to talk to her. Just let me in. Five minutes. That’s all I ask.

IVA: I won’t give you five minutes to talk to me. However, I will give you five minutes for something else.

DIEGO: What do you mean?

IVA: I’ll give you five minutes to get off of this property, before I call the house’s security team to come and retrieve you. And, trust me, you don’t want to mess with them. Lucinda has this guy named Richie. Richie’s wife just left him…

DIEGO: Okay! I’ll leave. But, this isn’t the last you’ll hear from me.

IVA: For your sake, I hope that it is the last I hear from you. Bye now.

Iva slams the door in Diego’s face and walks off.
---

Back at the Mona Lisa, Susan finishes piling the papers into the folder. She then puts the folder into a big purse of her’s.

SUSAN: When did you decide to take your ring off?

LUCINDA: Last night.

SUSAN: The one year anniversary?

LUCINDA: Yeah.

SUSAN: Lucinda, I am so sorry.

LUCINDA: It’s fine. But, it needed to happen. I believe that John would want me to move on. I believe that he wouldn’t want me stuck in this parallel universe of grief.

SUSAN: I admire you.

LUCINDA: You do?

SUSAN: Yes. I do. You are so brave.

LUCINDA: Thank you, Susan. That was so kind of you to say.

SUSAN: Well, it is the truth. And, I am here for you, Lucinda. If you need anything, just give me a call. Don’t hesitate.

LUCINDA: Thank you. Thank you so much.

SUSAN: Anytime.
---

Back at the LakeView, in Diana’s Suite, Diana goes to Craig.

CRAIG: Are you insane? Grant Gibson wants to see you dead. But, you’re bringing him into this little plan of ours?

DIANA: Yes. I felt as though it was the right move.

CRAIG: Why in the hell would you think that?

DIANA: Because, he can provide us with a great drug. Plus, he said it would bury the hatchet between us.

CRIAG: He could go back on his word. You could end up dead.

DIANA: At this point, I really don’t care. I just want Steve back. And, tonight, I will get him back. He is going to be all mine.

CRAIG: What do you mean tonight?

DIANA: Did you not catch on? Craig, tonight is the night. Tonight, I will drug Steve. Tonight, Betsy will catch us in bed together. And, I can’t wait to see the look on that bitch’s face! It is going to be absolutely priceless.

The camera zooms in on Diana’s face.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 119***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...