Tuesday, September 5, 2017

EP 114 - The Sun Always Rises

EPISODE 114

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Michael Eilbaum

NEW DAY. MORNING.

At Metro, Lisa and Barbara take a seat at a table.

LISA: You know, this is an odd place to eat for breakfast. But, I heard Carly hired back the previous chef. And, by the way, he makes the best pancakes.

BARBARA: Yeah. That’s what I’ve heard. Lisa, I didn’t exactly call you to talk about this place’s amazing pancakes.

LISA: Then why’d you call me?

BARBARA: Because, I have a job offer for you.
---

At the Snyder Farm, Carly is sitting on the couch. She is drinking a cup of coffee and balancing the books for Metro. Then, there is a knock at the door. She sighs, takes a sip of coffee and goes to the door.

CARLY: (opening the door/sighing) What are you doing here?

SHEILA: Sorry to interrupt your morning. I just needed to talk to you.

CARLY: What do you need to talk to me about?

SHEILA: I have some news that I need to tell you about Parker and I.
---

At Brooklyn and Natalie’s Apartment, there is a knock at the door. Natalie walks to the door in her pajamas. She opens the door.

BOB: Oh. Sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb you.

NATALIE: No. You didn’t. What brings you by?

BOB: Natalie, I have some news for you about Brooklyn.
---
---

At Tom and Margo’s Home, Margo and Katie enter the living room.

MARGO: Thanks for coming over so quickly, sis.

KATIE: Yeah. No problem. So, what’s up? Why’d you call me over?

MARGO: Well, I recently accepted a post-retirement job. And, this job requires me to have some sort of partner.

KATIE: And, you want me to be that partner?

MARGO: I would love for you to be.

KATIE: Okay. So far, I am intrigued. So, tell me. What is this occupation of your's that you would like me to be apart of?
---

At the Oakdale Police Department, Kim and Jack are sitting across from one another in the interrogation room. Jack has a recording device in front of him.

JACK: Can I get you anything before we start?

KIM: No. I’m fine. Thank you.

JACK: Alright. Are you ready to give your statement?

KIM: I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.

Jack presses the RECORD button on the device.

JACK: Hello. This is newly appointed Commissioner Jack Snyder. Today is September 5th of 2017. I am taking the statement of Kimberly Hughes. She is giving a statement for case number 01478993B. Mrs. Hughes has agreed to not have any council present for this interrogation and statement process. Let’s begin. Mrs. Hughes, please fill me in on the events that got yourself and Brooklyn Richards to the point of last night’s hostage crisis.
---

Back at Metro, Lisa and Barbara both have a fruit bowl in front of them.

LISA: I find that it is always best to start your breakfast with a bowl of fruit. It in a way awakens the body.

BARBARA: Okay. Enough about what you like to eat for breakfast. I would like you to please listen to the job offer.

LISA: Okay. Fine. Sorry if I was rude. Go right ahead. What do you got for me? I am actually kind of intrigued.

BARBARA: BRO just sold off a division. That division was the fashion department. Anyway, we are looking for a division to replace the fashion department.

LISA: And, you want me to lead this new division, I take it?

BARBARA: I do actually.

LISA: Tell me more.

BARBARA: Do you remember when you wrote that gossip column under the pseudonym Dolly Valentine?

LISA: Of course I do. How could I forget that time in my life?

BARBARA: Yes. Of course. Well, anyway, BRO wants to get into the literary business. Also, we need to expand our web presence. So, how would you feel about resurrecting your gossip column?

LISA: Are you serious?

BARBARA: Of course I am.

LISA: Well, when do you want me to start?

BARBARA: (smiling) Right away.
---

Back at Tom and Margo’s Home, in the living room, Katie and Margo sit down on the couch. Katie sets her purse next to her.

MARGO: As you know, I decided to retire myself from my position as Commissioner of Oakdale. Anyway, Jack is the one who is filling my position.

KATIE: Oh my goodness, that is wonderful.

MARGO: Yes, it is.

KATIE: What about his PI business?

MARGO: That’s the thing. He sold it to me. I am now the owner of Jack’s PI business. I am so happy not to fully get out of the game. But, I need a great partner to take on some of the work load.

KATIE: Wow. This is a big offer.

MARGO: It is. But, you used to be a PI.

KATIE: I did. But, that was quite awhile ago.

MARGO: It was awhile ago. But, I know your skills are still there.

KATIE: I think they are. If you really want me to be your partner, then I will be happy to do it. Plus, I could use some excitement in my life.

MARGO: Alright! All that’s left is to come up with a name for our business. I was thinking something like, Case Closed.

KATIE: How about Finders/Keepers?

MARGO: I like that. (laughs) This is so exciting!
---

Back at the OPD, in the interrogation room, Kim leans forward.

KIM: There is quite the history lesson behind Brooklyn’s motives. Her father was a man by the name of Douglas Cummings.

JACK: Who’s Douglas Cummings?

KIM: He was a man who stalked me and did countless other horrific things to this town. I used to be a nightclub singer. During my nightclub years, Douglas became obsessed with me. It was like he never missed a show. One day, back in the 80s, I bumped into Douglas. He told me about his obsession. He began stalking me shortly after. He at first sent me my favorite flowers, then his gifts became more gruesome. I haven’t thought about Douglas in decades.

JACK: What made you think about him?

KIM: His daughter...Brooklyn. She carried on his legacy. She wanted to avenge her father’s death. She started sending me the same gifts he did. She stalked me. She sent me down this rabbit hole of a mystery.

JACK: And, this all culminated to last night?

KIM: Yes. She put me on this mini trial. She aired Douglas’ innermost thoughts. She told me how he felt about what Oakdale did to him...emotionally that is. I was so scared. She went off the rails completely. She held me hostage. Thank god Bob put the pieces together.

JACK: And, Bob came in and stopped Brooklyn?

KIM: Yes.

JACK: How’d he do that?

KIM: Bob sneaked up on Brooklyn. He hit her over the head with a vase. The hit was too hard and it caused brain damage. She died.

JACK: This death was confirmed by paramedics that came upon the scene later. The OPD has decided not to press charges against Robert Hughes. We have ruled that he was acting in self defense.

KIM: Is that all of your questions?

JACK: Yes. That is it for today.

Jack turns off the recording device. Kim let’s out a sigh.

JACK: Are you okay, Kim?

KIM: (sighs) I don’t know. But, I do know this one thing. I am so happy to finally put this mess behind me. I am so happy to just move on with my life.
---

Back at Brooklyn and Natalie’s Apartment, in the living room, Bob and Natalie are sitting down on the couch.

NATALIE: She’s dead?

BOB: Yes. I’m sorry to tell you that.

NATALIE: How’d she die?

BOB: Remember when I left you at the coffee house?

NATALIE: Yes.

BOB: That was because I put some pieces together. You might’ve learned from Lucinda that Kim took the brunt of Douglas’ reign of terror. Considering that Brooklyn is Douglas’ daughter, she moved to Oakdale to continue that terror.

NATALIE: Oh my god.

BOB: When I got to my home, I saw Brooklyn holding Kim hostage. I had to stop her. I hit her over the head with a vase. Apparently, I hit her too hard.

NATALIE: (sobs) Oh god. Oh my god.

BOB: Natalie, I am so sorry.

NATALIE: Don’t be. I understand why you had to do it.

BOB: Are you gonna be okay?

NATALIE: Please leave. Please. I need a moment alone.

BOB: (standing) Of course. I understand.

Bob walks to the door. He looks at Natalie staring out the window. He feels sorry for her. He opens the door and leaves. He shuts the door. Natalie gets up and goes over to the small fireplace mantle. She picks up a photo of her and Brooklyn. She begins to cry. She holds the photo close to her.
---

Back at the Snyder Farm, Sheila enters the home. Carly shuts the door, turns around, and walks up to Sheila.

CARLY: Please, give me some good news. Tell me that you and my son broke it off. Go ahead. Make my day, if you don’t mind.

SHEILA: Carly, we didn’t break things off.

CARLY: Then, why the hell are you here?

SHEILA: Parker wanted me to tell you instead of him.

CARLY: Tell me what?

SHEILA: We’re getting married.

CARLY: Over my dead body.

The camera zooms in on Carly’s face.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 114***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...