Thursday, August 24, 2017

EP 111 - Iva Confronts Lily!

EPISODE 111

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Michael Eilbaum

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.

GUEST STAR: Jennifer Bransford as Sabrina

At the LakeView, Sabrina and Iva are coming down the grand staircase. They are walking to the ballroom.

(FLASHBACK)

DIEGO: Iva, I miss you. I was crazy to let you go.

IVA: Yeah, you were. There are people who would be happy to have me. Hell, I’ve met people who have been happy to have me. You backed away from me all because people disapproved of us.

DIEGO: It was a dumb reason. I realize that now.

IVA: I changed who I was for you. Do you not get that? I let you in. I have never taken down my walls so quickly for a man. However, I thought you were the one. I was so scared to fall back in love with someone after Jason divorced me. However, when I saw you, I got weak in my knees. You were the foolish one for breaking up with me. But, I...I was the foolish one for believing we had something here.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

(FLASHBACK)

DIEGO: Come out with me for drinks.

IVA: Diego…

DIEGO: Now, before you say anything else, just hear this, I Diego Santana promise not to make any moves on you. So, what do you say?

IVA: (standing) I say pick me up at seven.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

(FLASHBACK)

IVA: Yes! I will marry you.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

Iva and Sabrina are now at the doors of the ballroom.

SABRINA: Are you sure this is the right time to do this?

IVA: Sabrina, there will never be a right time to do this. But, those people in there need to know that the man I thought was the love of my life, is not coming today. So, open that door, so I can go in there, and end another chapter of my life.

Sabrina bites her bottom lip. She then opens the door. Iva enters. Then, Sabrina enters. She shuts the door. The camera pans out from the closed doors.
---
---

At Bob and Kim’s Home, in the Living Room, Kim sets her evening bag on the table. She then turns around to face Brooklyn.

KIM: You are the daughter of Douglas Cummings?

BROOKLYN: Yes. I am. Truthfully, it is nice to finally truly come face-to-face with the woman that hated my father so much.

KIM: Brooklyn, I hated your father for good reason.

BROOKLYN: If you’re gonna give the whole ‘he’s a dangerous man’ crap, I’m gonna stop you right there. My father was a good man.

KIM: No. He wasn’t. He was a dangerous man. He was an evil man. He made everyone in this town suffer at the time. Brooklyn, can I ask you a question?

BROOKLYN: Go right ahead.

KIM: Have you been the one sending me the packages and the flowers? Did you send me those apricot roses? Did you send me those photographs?

BROOKLYN: Yes. That was all me.

KIM: Why did you do that?

BROOKLYN: Because, I wanted you to relive a horrific time in your life. I wanted you to feel so much pain.

KIM: Why?

BROOKLYN: Because, all my father felt was pain.
---

Back at the LakeView, Bob is standing in a corner. He is on his cellphone.

BOB: Hi, Kim. Iva is about to make an announcement about the wedding. I don’t know what it is going to be. I think I should be home soon. Anyway, I love you very much. Bye.

Bob hangs up his phone and turns back to Iva.

IVA: Hello, everyone. First off, I would like to thank you for coming today. It mean a lot to me that all of you were here to support Diego and I today. However, there will not be a wedding today.

BOB: Iva, what do you mean there won’t be a wedding today?

IVA: Before I was set to make my walk down the aisle, I got a call from Diego. He informed me that he is not coming today.

BOB: I am so sorry.

IVA: Thank you, Bob.

NATALIE: I’m sorry too. That’s awful. But, for what it is worth, you look absolutely gorgeous today. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone look so beautiful.

IVA: Thank you, honey.

HOLDEN: (whispering to Lily) Maybe you should tell her.

LILY: (whispering to Holden) Maybe I want to live longer.

IVA: Holden? Lily? Everything okay?

HOLDEN: (whispering to Lily) Do it. Now.

LILY: (whispering to Holden) Fine.

Lily steps in front of Holden.

LILY: Iva, I have something to tell you.

IVA: What do you mean?

LILY: I know why Diego didn’t show up today.

IVA: What do you mean you know?

LILY: I know because I was the one who made him not come today. I did something bad. However, I did it for you.

SABRINA: Lily, what’d you do?

IVA: Apparently Lily felt the need to get involved where she was not wanted. Could everyone please clear the room.

HOLDEN: Iva…

IVA: I asked nicely. Please, leave.

Everyone looks at one another and exits.

IVA: Go ahead, Lily. Tell me everything.
---

Back at Bob and Kim’s Home, Kim steps closer to Brooklyn.

KIM: Brooklyn, I can promise you this, your father was never in pain. He only caused other people pain. He set this town ablaze with terrible deeds.

BROOKLYN: You, among other people, refused to see the good in my father. You only made him believe that he was this evil villain.

KIM: That’s what he was. You apparently have not learned the history of your father’s horrific doings. Allow me to fill you in.

BROOKLYN: Can’t wait to hear this.

KIM: Brooklyn, he came into my life as a stalker. He was absolutely obsessed with me. His obsession with me became so dangerous to the point where other people were arrested for his crimes. Your father was so mentally ill. Did you know that he murdered three people before his death?

BROOKLYN: So he stalked you? So he killed three people? We all make mistakes. And, I am sure that he was constantly triggered.

KIM: Okay. I can understand where you are coming from. But, here is one thing that he did that I don’t think you’ll come up with an excuse for.

BROOKLYN: What?

KIM: He almost raped my daughter.

BROOKLYN: I’m sorry about that.

KIM: Thank you. Look, Brooklyn, what you did was wrong. However, I am willing to overlook it, as long as you get help.

BROOKLYN: Oh my god.

KIM: What?

BROOKLYN: I was actually starting to care for you for a second. However, now I see what you really are. You just hated my father so much. Now, you hate me.

KIM: No I don’t.

BROOKLYN: I think it is time we talk about why my father hated you. It is time you listen to my words and his words.

KIM: I’m not going to. This game ends now.

Brooklyn then reaches into her purse and pulls out a gun.

BROOKLYN: Well, here’s the deal. If you wanna live, you’ll listen to every word that I have to say. So, tell me. Do you want to die or listen?
---

Back at the LakeView, in the Ballroom, Lily sets her champagne glass down. She then walks back over to Iva.

IVA: I need you to be honest with me, right now. I need you to just give me an honest account of what you did.

LILY: Okay. I can do that. Last night, I went over to your and Diego’s home. I filled Diego in on how I feel about you two together. I told him that I all I wanted to do is protect you. I told him that all I wanted to see is happy future for you.

IVA: And, in your eyes that happy future couldn’t come from him?

LILY: Exactly! That was exactly my thought process.

IVA: What’d you do next?

LILY: I wrote him a check for five hundred thousand.

IVA: You son-of-a-bitch.

LILY: Iva, I was only looking out for you.

IVA: You had no right! You had no right to get involved! My life was amazing with him! We fought to get back to one another. You don’t see me getting involved in your life with Holden. So, why did you feel the need to get involved in my life with Diego?

LILY: Iva, obviously you are not getting it. He took the money. He is still the same piece of scum he has always been.

Iva slaps Lily.

IVA: Don’t you ever talk about him that way again!

The camera pans to both of their faces. Lily is holding her cheek.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 111***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...