Tuesday, August 22, 2017

EP 110 - A Wedding Disaster

EPISODE 110

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Brett Hellman

NEW DAY. MORNING.

GUEST STAR: Jennifer Bransford as Sabrina

At the LakeView, Iva is in a small hotel room. She walks out of the bathroom. Her hair is in curlers. She is in a white, fluffy, bathrobe. She walks over to her mirror. She smiles. She then walks over to her purse and retrieves her phone. She unlocks it and goes to her camera roll. Iva clicks on a photo of her and Diego. She becomes deep in thought.

(FLASHBACK)

DIEGO: And, that’s what I love about you. That is why I want to marry you. Just say yes. That is all I need you to say.

IVA: Do you really want this?

DIEGO: I do. I really do.

IVA: Okay. Yes. I’ll marry you.

DIEGO: Really?

IVA: (smiling) Yes.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

IVA: Today’s gonna be a really good day.

As Iva continues to smile, there’s a knock at the door. She shuts her phone off, puts it back in her purse, and walks to the door.

IVA: (opening the door) Oh my god.

SABRINA: A little birdie told me that my BFF was getting married today. (laughs) Am I in the right place?
IVA: I would say that you are. Come here, girl!

Sabrina and Iva smile and hug one another.
---
---

At Bob and Kim’s Home, Kim comes down the stairs. She walks over to the coffee table and sticks her cellphone in an evening bag. As she closes it, she walks over to the door. Upon opening the door, someone is there.

KIM: Hello. Can I help you?

BROOKLYN: Yes. You can. Have you already forgotten who I am?

KIM: If I’m not mistaken, you’re the girl who I bumped into.

BROOKLYN: That’s right.

KIM: May I ask what you are doing here?

BROOKLYN: I’m here to speak with you.

KIM: About what?

BROOKLYN: I think I should tell you who I really am.
---

Back at the LakeView, in the Ballroom, Lily is having a glass of champagne. Holden walks up to her. She turns around.

LILY: Hey, baby.

HOLDEN: Hi.

Holden and Lily kiss.

HOLDEN: You look absolutely stunning.

LILY: You look pretty damn good too.

HOLDEN: I see that Iva and Diego went all out.

LILY: One could say that. But, it is kind of a shame.

HOLDEN: Why do you say that?

LILY: Because, something tells me Diego won’t show up today.

HOLDEN: Okay. You officially have me worried. What’d you do?

As she takes a sip of her champagne, Lily smiles.
---

Back in Iva’s small hotel room, Sabrina enters the room. Iva shuts the door. Iva turns around and walks up to Sabrina.

IVA: So, when did you get in?

SABRINA: Just a couple hours ago.

IVA: How was the flight?

SABRINA: It was actually really comfortable.

IVA: Gosh, I am so happy you are here to celebrate this occasion with me. Plus, I was missing my best friend.

SABRINA: I missed you too.

IVA: How’s Frannie by the way?

SABRINA: She’s great. For the past three weeks, she’s been helping build this hospital wing for children who have AIDS.

IVA: Oh my goodness. That’s wonderful. The offices here in Oakdale are doing great! The work we’ve done is off the charts.

SABRINA: I’m happy to hear that.

Iva looks up at the clock.

IVA: Alright.

SABRINA: Alright, what?

IVA: It looks like it is time to get me in my dress. Gosh, I am just two hours away from marrying the love of my life. I can’t wait.
---

Back in the Ballroom of the LakeView, Lily refills her champagne glass.

HOLDEN: Honey, I feel as though you pulled a stunt.

LILY: You could call it a stunt.

HOLDEN: Lily, what’d you do?

LILY: Last night, I went to go see Diego.

HOLDEN: And…?

LILY: And, I told him my thoughts about the wedding.

HOLDEN: Thoughts? What thoughts?

LILY: I just told him that I don’t think he’s right for Iva.

HOLDEN: Okay. What else did you do?

LILY: Well, I then promised him that this wedding wouldn’t happen.

HOLDEN: Come on! You did not! Please tell me that didn’t happen.

LILY: That did happen.

HOLDEN: What’d you do?

LILY: I wrote him a check for half a million dollars. I told him to leave town.

HOLDEN: What’d he say once you gave him the check?

LILY: Well, I didn’t want him to give me a verbal answer. His answer will depend on whether or not he shows up today.

HOLDEN: Lily, if Diego doesn’t show up today, it will kill Iva. Do you understand that? Do you get that Iva’s heart will be broken into a million pieces?

LILY: I know that, Holden. However, she needs to realize that Diego is not a changed man. She needs to realize that he is still the same cold hearted son-of-a-bitch that he was all those years ago.

HOLDEN: What happens when she founds out what you did?

LILY: In a perfect world she would thank me.

HOLDEN: Lily, please be serious.

LILY: (sighs) In all seriousness, she’s probably gonna throw something across this room. So, when she comes down from her room, you may wanna step out.

Lily takes a sip of her champagne.
---

Back at Bob and Kim’s Home, Brooklyn enters. Kim shuts the door. The two walk into the living room.

BROOKLYN: Thanks for inviting me in.

KIM: Of course.

BROOKLYN: You look really nice.

KIM: Oh, thank you. I’m dressed for a wedding.

BROOKLYN: Cool.

KIM: So, you wanted to tell me who you are?

BROOKLYN: Yes. My name is Brooklyn.

KIM: Well, hello, Brooklyn. My name is…

BROOKLYN: I know what your name is, Kim.

KIM: Oh. I should’ve known that you already knew my name. I’m sure that you’ve heard it throughout the town.

BROOKLYN: Actually, I knew your name a long time ago.

KIM: Excuse me?

BROOKLYN: In fact, I knew who you were from my dad.

KIM: I don’t understand. What are you talking about?

BROOKLYN: Kim, you know my first name. Allow me to tell you my last name.

KIM: Okay. Go ahead. Tell me. What is your last name, Brooklyn?

BROOKLYN: Cummings.

KIM: Come again?

BROOKLYN: My last name is Cummings. My father…

KIM: Is your father Douglas?

BROOKLYN: Yes. That is my father.

KIM: I think you better go.

BROOKLYN: See, that’s the thing, I’m not going anywhere.
---

Back at the LakeView, in Iva’s room, Iva comes out of the bathroom. She is in a gorgeous white mermaid wedding dress.

IVA: So, how do I look?

SABRINA: Iva, you look absolutely gorgeous.

IVA: (laughs) Thank you.

SABRINA: Now that you have the dress on, I can do this.

IVA: What are you going to do?

Sabrina walks to her purse and pulls out three small boxes.

SABRINA: Every bride needs something new, something borrowed, and something blue. Since you are the bride, I have got you covered.

IVA: You didn’t have…

SABRINA: Yes, I did.

Sabrina hands Iva the first box.

SABRINA: This is something new.

Iva opens the box. It is a diamond necklace.

IVA: Sabrina...., this is stunning.

SABRINA: I saw it in a shop and I had to get it for you.

IVA: Would you?

SABRINA: Of course.

Sabrina puts the necklace on Iva. She then goes back over to the boxes. She hands Iva the second box.

SABRINA: This is something borrowed.

Iva opens the box. It is a diamond bracelet.

SABRINA: This was my grandmother’s. She wore the day of her 50th wedding anniversary party. I know she would be honored for you to wear it.

IVA: I would love to. And, I will cherish it.

Iva smiles and puts the bracelet on. Sabrina then hands Iva the last box.

SABRINA: This is of course something blue.

Iva opens the box. She pulls out a blue hairclip.

SABRINA: This is to pin back your gorgeous curls.

Sabrina puts the clip in for Iva. She then comes back around in front of Iva. The two smile at one another.

IVA: I’m ready. I’m ready to get married. I can’t believe this is happening. It seems like I finally get to live in my fairytale.

SABRINA: (sniffs) I’m so happy for you.

IVA: If you cry, I’m gonna cry.

The two laugh. Sabrina grabs Iva’s bouquet.

SABRINA: Are you ready?

IVA: Yes. I’m ready.

As Iva and Sabrina are just about to exit, Iva’s phone rings.

IVA: Oh shoot. I better get that real quick. It could be a wedding guest.

Iva walks over to her purse. She sets her bouquet down and goes through her purse. She grabs her cell phone.

IVA: It’s Diego.

Iva answers the phone.

IVA: Honey. Hi. You’re not here yet? Diego. Hold on. Slow down. What’d you say? You’re not coming? What do you mean you’re not coming? Diego, you’re breaking up. Diego! Diego! Diego!

Iva, in shock, hangs up the phone.

SABRINA: Iva…, what’s wrong?

IVA: He said he’s not coming.

Iva then becomes breathless and begins to cry. Sabrina rushes to her. Sabrina holds Iva in her arms, as she sobs. The camera zooms in on Iva’s face.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 110***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...