Thursday, August 17, 2017

EP 109 - Brooklyn Reaches Out To Craig

EPISODE 109

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Jennifer Pepperman

SAME DAY. NIGHT.

At the Walsh Mansion, in the Living Room, Lucinda is sitting on the couch. She is pouring herself a cup of tea. As she takes a sip, there is a knock at the door. She sets the cup down and walks to the door.

LUCINDA: (opening the door) Natalie.

NATALIE: Hello, grandma. Look, I’m sorry to pop over so late. But, I needed to speak with you right away. You got a sec?

LUCINDA: Of course. What’s going on?

NATALIE: I need you to tell me everything you know about a man who used to live in Oakdale. A man by the name of Douglas Cummings.
---

At Brooklyn and Natalie’s Apartment, Craig enters. Brooklyn shuts the door and turns around. She then proceeds to walk over to him.

BROOKLYN: Thanks for coming over so quickly.

CRAIG: Not a problem. Why’d you call me over?

BROOKLYN: I need your help.

CRAIG: My help? With what?

BROOKLYN: I need to get the hell out of town.
---

In Oakdale Park, Grant is pacing next to a bench. He is on his phone.

GRANT: This is Grant Gibson. Look, I pay you five thousand a week to get me results. I want to know everything about Diana McColl. I have to stay one step ahead of her. If you don’t understand that, then you need to tell me now. You do understand? Good. Now, do your damn job.

As Grant hangs up, Betsy appears.

BETSY: Hi. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop. But, I couldn’t help but overhear. Did I hear correctly? Do you know Diana McColl?

GRANT: Why yes I do.

BETSY: Good. So, tell me. Do you hate her as much as I do?
---
---

At Lily and Holden’s Home, Iva and Holden enter the living room.

HOLDEN: Thank you for coming by so quickly.

IVA: Of course. By the way, I thought it was a little odd when you called me. Is everything okay with the kids? Is everything okay with Lily?

HOLDEN: Yes, everything is fine. I just thought we could talk.

IVA: What exactly do we need to talk about?

HOLDEN: Your upcoming wedding.
---

At Diego and Iva’s Home, Lily sets her purse down.

DIEGO: If you think this wedding is not happening tomorrow, then you are completely insane. It will happen tomorrow.

LILY: Diego, don’t kid yourself.

DIEGO: What makes you so sure this wedding won’t happen?

LILY: Because, I am going to use every last fiber in my being to make sure this wedding does not happen. Diego, you should know by now that I usually get my way.
---

In Oakdale Park, Grant puts his phone back in his pocket.

GRANT: How do you know Diana exactly?

BETSY: We have quite the history.

GRANT: I see.

BETSY: How do you know Diana?

GRANT: We have quite the history too.

BETSY: Forgive me, I forgot to introduce myself.

Betsy extends her hand.

BETSY: My name is Betsy.

Grant shakes Betsy’s hand.

GRANT: Nice to meet you Betsy.

Then, Betsy’s phone rings.

BETSY: Please excuse me.

GRANT: Of course.

Betsy takes her phone call.

BETSY: Hello. Oh. Hi, honey. Yeah. Sure. I can do that. Alright. Sounds good. I will be home soon. Just talking to a new friend. (laughs) I’ll tell you all about it when I get home. I love you too. Bye.

Betsy hangs up.

GRANT: Who was that?

BETSY: My boyfriend. I hate to cut this short, considering we just met. But, I really do have to go. It was nice to meet you.

GRANT: You too.

As Betsy begins to walk away, she stops.

BETSY: Sorry, I didn’t get your (turning around)....name.

Betsy sees that Grant has disappeared.

BETSY: Well, that’s odd.

Betsy decides to ignore this. She walks off.
---

Back at Lily and Holden’s Home, in the Living Room, Iva goes over to a tray on a table. She pours herself a glass of water.

IVA: Holden, I’m not sure that I am comfortable with talking about this with you. I have a feeling that it will only lead to you mentioning how much you despise my soon-to-be husband.

HOLDEN: You know me so well, Iva.

IVA: I don’t understand.

HOLDEN: Understand what?

IVA: Why you hate him so much. He really is a good man.

HOLDEN: Iva, how blind are you?

IVA: Holden, he’s changed. I know Diego’s history. Trust me…, I do. But, he’s not the same man he was 20 years ago.

HOLDEN: Iva, think about who you’re marrying. This is a man who raped Emily. This is a man who framed your daughter for murder.

IVA: You act as though he is a Stenbeck, or something.

HOLDEN: He’s worse.

IVA: Holden, tomorrow is my wedding. I expect you and Lily to be there. I expect you to plaster a fake smile on your face and be happy for me. I don’t ask for very many things in my life. However, I am going to ask for this. So, will you behave tomorrow?

HOLDEN: You’ll just have to wait and see.
---

Back at the Walsh Mansion, in the Living Room, Lucinda and Natalie sit on the couch. Natalie sets her purse next to her.

LUCINDA: Would you like a cup of tea?

NATALIE: No. I’m good. I don’t mean to be rude, but I would just like the information I came here for. Can you give it to me.

LUCINDA: Of course I can, darling. But, I need to know something first. Where in the world did you get this name from?

NATALIE: He’s my girlfriend’s father. Brooklyn filled me on what she knows about him. However, she told me that I should check in with someone who actually has a history with the man.

LUCINDA: Natalie, this isn’t a very easy story.

NATALIE: Just start wherever you want.

LUCINDA: Douglas was a very dangerous man. He was so dangerous. He terrorized this town.  Douglas had so many victims through the years. I wasn’t the only one. Kim Hughes was the main one. He preyed upon her so much. It left her scared for a very long time.

NATALIE: That’s awful.

LUCINDA: Yes. It really is. Can I give you some advice?

NATALIE: Go right ahead.

LUCINDA: I don’t this Brooklyn girl very well. However, I know Douglas. And, any offspring of his has to be a loose canon. Natalie, in order to be safe, you need to get away from Brooklyn as soon as possible.
---

Back at Brooklyn and Natalie’s Apartment, Brooklyn pours herself a small glass of wine. She then drinks it all in a hurry.

CRAIG: You seem on the edge of your seat tonight.

BROOKLYN: That’s because I am.

CRAIG: Is this mood of your’s tonight the reason you need to leave Oakdale? Is it the reason you need my help?

BROOKLYN: You’d be right.

CRAIG: Brooklyn, what’s going on?

BROOKLYN: Look, I’ve done something really bad. And, I am in deep right now. I need to leave town tomorrow night. Will you help me?

CRAIG: What’d you do?

BROOKLYN: I tried to get vengeance for my father.

CRAIG: Douglas?

BROOKLYN: Yes.

CRAIG: Brooklyn...., what’d you do?

BROOKLYN: I started to stalk Kim, just like my father did. But, I think I’ve almost blown my cover. Look, this doesn’t matter. I just need an answer dammit!

CRAIG: Alright. Fine. I’ll help you.

Brooklyn gives Craig a hug.

BROOKLYN: Thank you, Craig. Thank you so much.
---

Back at Diego and Iva’s Home, Lily hands Diego a check.

DIEGO: What’s this?

LILY: Some money to help you leave town.

DIEGO: You’re offering me half a million dollars?

LILY: Yes. Take it or leave it.

DIEGO: Lily…

LILY: Look, Iva and I haven’t always had the best history. But, that doesn’t mean that I don’t want to protect her. I am protecting her. That check is your’s. Tomorrow, I am going to the wedding. If you don’t show up, I’ll know your answer.

DIEGO: What happens if I do show up?

LILY: Your future with Iva won’t be pretty. It is time to make up your mind, Diego. Money or Iva. Tough choice. But, you’re so very lucky. You have a total of 13 hours to make this choice. Can’t wait to see what that choice is.

Lily grabs her things and walks to the door.

LILY: Have a good night, Diego. Seya tomorrow....or will I?

Lily exits. She shuts the door behind her. Diego holds the check in his hands. He then looks over at his fireplace mantle. He sees a picture of him and Iva. He takes a deep breath. The camera zooms in on his face.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 109***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...