Tuesday, August 8, 2017

EP 106 - Katie Receives Stunning News

EPISODE 106

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Maria Wagner

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.

At Java Underground, Katie and Henry sit at a table.

HENRY: Thanks for coming so quickly.

KATIE: Anything for a friend. So, what’s up?

HENRY: Well, I think my marriage is coming to an end.
---

At Fairwinds, in the Living Room, Eliza is sitting in the dark. Then, Emily enters. She turns on the lights. She then walks to Eliza.

EMILY: Now, we don’t own the electric company. But, we can allow you to have at least one light on. I think we can make that compromise.

ELIZA: Sorry, mom, but I’m just not into jokes at the moment.

EMILY: Honey, what’s going on? What’s wrong?

ELIZA: For starters, my heart is broken.
---

At Craig’s Home, Craig enters the living room. As soon as he does so, there is a very loud knocking at the door. He goes to the door.

CRAIG: (opening the door) Carly, what are you doing here?

CARLY: Does your Co-CEO offer still stand?

CRAIG: Of course it does.

CARLY: Well, I’m here to accept it.
---
---

At Jack’s PI Office, in Jack’s Office, Lucinda enters the office. Jack closes the door behind her. The two walk over to Jack’s desk.

LUCINDA: Do you mind if I sit?

JACK: Not at all. Go right ahead.

Lucinda sits down. Jack goes behind his desk and sits.

JACK: So, what can I do for you today?

LUCINDA: I need to hire you for another job.

JACK: I see. Why do you need my services, this time?

LUCINDA: I need you to get me all the information you can on Grant Gibson. I don’t trust him. He is very suspicious. Jack, I think he might be dangerous. And, after that whole Julian mess, I think it would be wise to be on high alert.
---

At Amy and Marcus’ Apartment, Amy is on her iPAD. She is looking at archives of an old newspaper. Then, Marcus enters.

MARCUS: Hey. You look like you are quite into whatever you’re doing on your iPAD. Is there a new political scandal going on?

AMY: Actually, I am looking at nothing new.

MARCUS: What are you looking at?

AMY: Old newspaper articles.

MARCUS: About what?

AMY: That famous author we murdered. I still can’t believe that we got away with it. And, we still got to keep all the millions we stole. It is…

Then, Marcus goes to Amy and snatches the iPAD.

AMY: (standing) Hey! Why’d you do that?

MARCUS: Dammit, Amy! You need to stay away from these articles! You banned me from going out with Eliza. So, I’m banning you from reading these articles. And, I’m also banning you from that JJ kid.

AMY: JJ? How did you know about him?

MARCUS: I know everything. No more coffee dates. Is that understood, sis. Or, do I need to make it more clear? You decide.
---

Back at Fairwinds, Emily and Eliza are still in the living room. However, they are now eating ice cream out of the container.

ELIZA: You’re right. Ice cream really does work as an emotional band aid. I am starting to feel a little better.

EMILY: Well, that makes me happy. And, yes, ice cream always works. Now, let’s get down to business. You still haven’t told me about your troubles.

ELIZA: Where do I begin?

EMILY: Just tell me who the guy is.

ELIZA: His name is Marcus Scott. We met when I was interviewing people to replace me at WorldWide. He...uh...he asked me out. I said ‘yes’. So, we had dinner last night. And, when he brought me home, something odd happened.

EMILY: Odd?

ELIZA: He was in a hurry to kick me out of his car. He also said that we could never see one another again. It was just all too weird.

EMILY: Well, these things do happen. I hate that you have to learn this lesson. But, it does happen. What else can I do for you?

ELIZA: Finish off this ice cream?

EMILY: Well, that my dear girl, is a given.

The two laugh and continue to eat the ice cream.
---

Back at Amy and Marcus’ Apartment, Marcus shuts down Amy’s iPAD. He then sets it on the coffee table. Amy walks away from the couch.

AMY: Look, JJ and I just had coffee.

MARCUS: And, Eliza and I just had dinner. But, you were all for so called restrictions. You can’t set rules and not follow them.

AMY: There’s a difference between having a friend and having a relationship. You know that, and so do I.

MARCUS: So, are you telling me that you don’t like this guy?

AMY: I’m telling you that I am being careful.

MARCUS: You better be. If our secret gets out, then it could be the end of the road for us. Get that through your thick skull.

Then, Marcus grabs his car keys. He exits and slams the door.
---

At Jack’s PI Office, in Jack’s Office, Lucinda and Jack stand. Lucinda collects her things. The two walk to the door.

LUCINDA: So, how long before you have anything?

JACK: Well, I do have three other cases at the moment. But, I will move your case to the top of the list. I think it would be good to watch this guy.

LUCINDA: I’m just trying to protect the community.

JACK: Understandable.

LUCINDA: I love Oakdale, Jack. This town is my home. And, I’ll be damned if anyone causes another death of someone I love.

JACK: Have a good day, Lucinda.

LUCINDA: You too.

Lucinda politely smiles and shows herself out.
---

Back at Java Underground, Katie takes a sip of her coffee.

HENRY: Barbara and I have never been like this.

KATIE: Marital issues happen. It’s called real life.

HENRY: Yeah. Well, real life can suck sometimes.

KATIE: It can. Why did you two get into a fight?

Katie takes another sip of coffee.

HENRY: I want to adopt a baby.

Katie then spits out her coffee.

KATIE: What did you just say?
---

Back at Craig’s Apartment, Carly enters. Craig shuts the door. He turns around and walks up to her. Carly throws her purse on the couch.

CRAIG: You’re here to accept my Co-CEO offer?

CARLY: Yes, I am.

CRAIG: Quicker than I anticipated.

CARLY: Sometimes, I can make up my mind quickly.

CRAIG: What does Jack think of this whole thing?

CARLY: He doesn’t care for it. But, let’s not worry about him. Let’s just get down to business. I will only work part time. I have the club…

CRAIG: Carly, before we talk about all that, I need to ask you something. And, I only want the truth from you.

CARLY: Okay.

CRAIG: Are you playing me?

The camera zooms in on Carly’s smiling face.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 106***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...