Thursday, August 3, 2017

EP 105 - What Is Carly Really Up To?

EPISODE 105

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Brett Hellman

NEW DAY. MORNING.

At Diego and Iva’s Home (formerly known as Diego’s home), Iva and Diego are sitting at the dining room table, having coffee. The two are also looking through binders of wedding centerpieces and wedding decoration tips.

IVA: Hey, did you call the florist?

DIEGO: No. Sorry. I forgot. I meant to do it last night. But, the paper needed extensive editing. I need to fire Marjorie ASAP.

IVA: That’s fine. I’ll take care of it. What about the bakery? Did you call them to check the progress on our cake?

DIEGO: No. Sorry.

IVA: Are you kidding me right now? I gave you two jobs. Two of the easiest jobs. And, you come up with a lame excuse as to why you didn’t do them.

DIEGO: Whoa. Hold on. Why are you mad at me?

IVA: Because, it seems like you don’t want this wedding to happen.
---

At Ruffles, Diana is sitting down at a booth. She is having a martini. Steven enters. He glares over at her. He then walks over and sits across from her.

STEVE: It’s 9 in the morning and you’re having a martini. Don’t you think it is just a tad early for alcohol? Maybe this is quite the injudicious decision.

DIANA: I’m only having one. And, I’m an adult. Plus, I’m stressed.

STEVE: Oh yeah? Why is that?

DIANA: Because, I got a visit from Grant Gibson.
---

At Sierra’s Penthouse, Sierra is in the living room. She is pouring herself a cup of coffee. Then, there is a knock at the door. She takes her mug and goes to the door.

SIERRA: (opening the door) Mom, what are you doing here?

LUCINDA: I have a question that I am dying for someone to answer.

SIERRA: Okay. What’s this burning question?

LUCINDA: Why are men so foolish?
---
---

At the Snyder Farm, in the Living Room, Carly is sitting on the couch. She is on her iPAD reading an article from the newspaper.

THE HEADLINE READS:
Fashion Empire Sold To Known Criminal!

CARLY: This is complete bull.

Then, Jack enters from the kitchen.

JACK: What’s complete bull?

CARLY: Barbara has sold my fashion empire to Craig Montgomery. Ten bucks says he runs it into the ground within three months.
---

At BRO, in Barbara’s Office, Barbara and Craig are sitting at Barbara’s desk. Craig is signing the contract that finalizes the sale of CT Designs.

BARBARA: So, they you go. The company is all your’s.

CRAIG: I love hearing those words.

BARBARA: I know. Buying a new company is nice.

CRAIG: Yes, it is.

BARBARA: So, if you don’t mind me asking, what is your first order of business? With the company, I mean.

CRAIG: Well, I don’t think I should tell you that.

BARBARA: Why not?

CRAIG: I don’t think you’ll like it.

BARBARA: Just tell me.

CRAIG: I plan to hire Carly as the Co-CEO.
---

Back at Diego and Iva’s Home, Iva gets up from the dining room table. She walks over to the coffee pot and refills her mug. Diego gets up from the table too.

DIEGO: Do you really think I don’t want this wedding?

IVA: Well, it is starting to seem like that.

DIEGO: Iva, I chased you around. I wanted you back so badly after we broke up. Then, when I had you again, it made me feel so happy. The happiest I’ve ever felt. But, that happiness was cut short, when I found out that you and Jason were still married. However, the happiness is back. And, I would not trade the happiness I have with you for anything in the world. I love you dammit. And, I can’t wait to say ‘I do’.

IVA: God, I love you.

Iva sets her mug down. She then wraps her arms around Diego. She then kisses him very passionately.
---

Back at the Snyder Farm, in the Living Room, Jack sits next to Carly. Carly then shuts her iPAD off. She sits it on the coffee table.

JACK: Wow. I can’t believe Barbara is doing that.

CARLY: That’s what she does. Medusa knows how to play the game. I remember the days when I used to know how to play that game so well. But, I’ve lost my touch.

JACK: Wrong. You will always have the magic touch.

CARLY: I should’ve fought for my company. But, you win some, you lose some. The old me would’ve fought until my last breath.

JACK: Well, you are much better than the old you.

CARLY: Well, the old me might be creeping back in.

JACK: What is that supposed to mean?

CARLY: It means that Craig offered me a job.

JACK: At your former company?

CARLY: Bingo.

JACK: What position?

CARLY: Co-CEO.

JACK: Are you gonna take it?

CARLY: I think I will.
---

Back at BRO, in Barbara’s Office, Barbara and Craig walk over to the mini drinking cart set up in Barbara’s office. Barbara pours herself a glass of water.

BARBARA: Tell me something, Craig. Are you doing this to get back at me? Are you and Carly BFFs now?

CRAIG: When have Carly and I ever been friends?

BARBARA: Couple of times.

CRAIG: Barbara, this is Carly’s company.

BARBARA: Former company.

CRAIG: Yeah. Whatever. You were sneaky. There’s no denying that. I know Carly was hurt by that. I’m just trying to do the right thing.

BARBARA: You don’t do the right thing. What are you upto?

CRAIG: I am putting kindness back into the world.

BARBARA: Well, why you are spreading kindness, just remember this. I will be watching you. I know you’re up to something. If Carly still has a wise bone in her body, she’ll watch every move you make too.
---

Back at Sierra’s Penthouse, in the Living Room, Lucinda is now inside the penthouse. The door is shut. Her and Sierra sit on the couch.

SIERRA: I assume you’re talking about this Grant guy?

LUCINDA: Yes. He stood me up, last night.

SIERRA: Bastard.

LUCINDA: Amen to that. I told him that if he told me the truth about why he had to stand me up, then I would suggest another date.

SIERRA: Did he tell you the truth?

LUCINDA: No.

SIERRA: So, what happens now?

LUCINDA: I call Jack Snyder, and I have Jack check up on what Grant does in his day-to-day operations. Grant is just so suspicious. I’m not sure I trust him. He is very shady.

SIERRA: What if you don’t like what you find?

LUCINDA: That is a risk I am willing to take.
---

Back at Ruffles, Diana finishes her martini.

STEVE: Grant lives in Oakdale?

DIANA: Glad I’m not the only one who didn’t know that.

STEVE: Has he visited you?

DIANA: He actually has.

STEVE: When?

DIANA: Last night.

STEVE: What’d he say?

DIANA: He just did the average tough guy threat.

STEVE: I can’t believe he threatened you.

DIANA: I had to know it was coming though.

STEVE: What are you going to do now?

DIANA: What do you mean?

STEVE: I mean…, what are you going to do about Grant?

DIANA: Do you really wanna know what I’m gonna do?

STEVE: Diana, we are in this plan together. Of course I wanna know. And, I would like to help in anyway that I can.

DIANA: Steve, I’m going to take him out.

STEVE: You’re going to kill Grant?

DIANA: Damn straight. Best part is, he won’t even see it coming.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 105***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...