Tuesday, August 1, 2017

EP 104 - Eliza Gets Caught Off Guard

EPISODE 104

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Jennifer Pepperman

SAME DAY. NIGHT.

At Lisa’s Penthouse, Lisa is in the living room. She is fixing herself a martini. As she pours the drink into a glass, there is a knock at the door. She takes a sip of her drink, sets it down, and walks over to the door.

LISA: (opening the door) Emma. What a surprise.

EMMA: Hello, Lisa.

LISA: What brings you by?

EMMA: Well, I’m leaving town to go visit my daughter Meg. But, before I do, there is something I need to give you.
---

At the Walsh Mansion, in the Living Room, Lucinda is sitting on the couch. She is looking through old photos on her iPAD. Then, there’s a knock at the door. She sets her iPAD on the coffee table and goes to the door.

LUCINDA: (opening the door) I told you not to come over here.

GRANT: Lucinda, I had to come over. I need to apologize.

LUCINDA: No. You stood me up. Don’t apologize to me. Apologize to yourself. You made the biggest mistake of your life. That is your fault…, not mine.
---

At the LakeView, in Diana’s Suite, Diana grabs a bottle of water from her mini fridge. She then walks over to her purse and digs for a bottle of Advil. She pops open the pill bottle and grabs two pills. She opens the water, puts the pills in her mouth, and swallows them. Then, there is a knock at the door. She sets the water and the bottle of pills down. She then walks over to the door.

DIANA: (opening the door) Betsy, it is getting a tad late. What in the world are you doing her at my hotel room?

BETSY: We need to talk.

DIANA: About what?

BETSY: Steve.
---
---

At Metro, Carly is behind the bar. She is unpacking bottles of alcohol and putting them on top of the bar shelves. She then comes across a bottle of white wine. She then becomes very deep in thought, upon reading the label.

(FLASHBACK)

CARLY: The day this took place, I had just gotten away from an explosive fight. Jack and I fought, over the miscarriage, and why we split up. All these memories came flooding back to me. I couldn’t handle it. So, I took a drink. A couple. Craig found me and he offered to take me home. I was reluctant. I promise you. The next morning, I got out of bed. I had this screaming headache. I went over to my make up stand. It was then, that I saw Craig. I screamed. He stood up, naked. I asked him if we slept together, he said, “yes”.

ROSANNA: (sobs) I was just beginning to feel again. Did you know that? I thought you were on my side. I thought that we were finally what sisters, were meant to be. I loved you.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

Carly sighs and puts the bottle of wine on the shelf. As she turns back, Craig walks down the stairs and into the club. He goes up to Carly.

CRAIG: Hello, Carly.

CARLY: Craig Montgomery…, just the person I did not want to see. We are closed tonight. And, you know that. So, what brings you here?

CRAIG: It was urgent that I see you.

CARLY: What’s going on?

CRAIG: As of three hours ago, CT Designs has been put on the market. And, take a guess as to who put in so far the largest bid. That’s right...this guy.
---

At the Mona Lisa, Marcus and Eliza are having dinner.

ELIZA: So, how’s your steak?

MARCUS: It’s good. How’s your salad?

ELIZA: Good.

There is a short pause.

ELIZA: Okay. I’ve gotta break the ice here. Is it just me? Or, does it seem as though we’ve talked about nothing except our food?

MARCUS: You aren’t the only one.

ELIZA: You know, I highly doubt that every single thing about you was on your resume. So, why don’t you tell me a little bit about yourself?

MARCUS: Well, okay. What do you wanna know?

ELIZA: Okay. Let’s start with something simple. What’s your favorite movie?

MARCUS: That’s easy. Without-a-doubt it has to Star Wars.

ELIZA: Interesting choice.
---

Back at Lisa’s Penthouse, Emma and Lisa are now standing in the living room. Emma digs through her purse and hands Lisa a check.

LISA: Wow. That is quite a lot of money.

EMMA: It is. It is what I had left over from the debt I was in. Holden and Lily were gracious enough to let me do whatever I wanted with it.

LISA: So, you don’t want to use this money for your trip to go see Meg? I just don’t understand why you gave it to me.

EMMA: Lisa, I owed you one. I should’ve never back out of the partnership, like I did. This is my way of making it up to you. I sincerely apologize.

LISA: That is very sweet of you. Thank you.

EMMA: Of course.

LISA: So, how long do you plan to visit Meg?

EMMA: I don’t know. I guess I’ll just see where God takes me.

LISA: That’s a good way to live life.

EMMA: Amen to that.
---

Back at the Walsh Mansion, Lucinda and Grant enter the living room.

GRANT: Look, I didn’t mean to stand you up like that.

LUCINDA: You did what you did. Stop trying to say that you’re sorry. Grant, plenty of men have come and gone in my life. I don’t mind what you did to me. I’ve learned how to deal with stuff like this before.

GRANT: Listen, I really wanted to go out with you tonight. But, I had more pressing matters to attend to. I had to take care of business.

LUCINDA: Oh yeah? What business did you have to attend to? What business kept you away for hours upon hours? You tell me the answer to that, and I might look into possibly going on a real second date with you.
---

Back at the LakeView, in Diana’s Suite, Betsy enters the suite. Then, Diana shuts the door. She turns around.

DIANA: You want to talk about Steve?

BETSY: I do.

DIANA: Is this another pack of warnings that you’re gonna dish out? Because, if it is, then I don’t want any part of it. In fact, I just want to go to bed.

BETSY: Diana, I need to say this to you.

DIANA: (sighs) Okay. Say what you need to say.

BETSY: I know that you have a history with Steve. There is no denying that. But, I don’t want history to repeat itself. I think that’d be bad.

DIANA: Look, it took me a very long time to step back out into the world. It took me a long time to recover from that sting operation that happened 29 years ago. The only way I recovered from what happened was forgetting it all. Unfortunately, I am kind of in the same set of circumstances. All I am asking for is Steve’s help. I am not asking for our interaction to go beyond that. I promise.

BETSY: Well, that’s the thing. I don’t know if I can believe that promise of your’s. When you promise something, there’s no telling if you’ll go against it.

DIANA: Only time will tell.

BETSY: Yes. Only time will tell.
---

At FairWinds, Marcus and Eliza are in Marcus’ car. Marcus pulls up to the house. Eliza grabs her purse and puts it under her arm.

ELIZA: Thanks for a good date. It was fun.

MARCUS: Well, I am glad that you had fun.

ELIZA: We should go out again sometime.

MARCUS: Actually, we can’t.

ELIZA: Really? Why not?

MARCUS: Well, you said this job was going to require a lot of my time and energy. That means I don’t have time to go on dates.

ELIZA: Okay. I understand. Yeah. Whatever.

Eliza opens the door and get out of the car. She’s trying to hold back emotions of a rejection. She then slams the door. Marcus sighs. He drives off.
---

Back at Metro, Carly steps out from behind the bar.

CARLY: I don’t understand. Barbara is selling CT?

CRAIG: Yes. Your former fashion empire went on sail approximately six hours ago. Gosh, I can’t wait to snatch it up.

CARLY: That bitch.

CRAIG: It was a good move to make. BRO is going to make quite the pretty penny from this sale. In fact, with what I put in, they could redesign the whole building.

CARLY: There’s one more thing I don’t understand. Maybe you could clear up this misunderstanding for me.

CRAIG: I’ll try my best.

CARLY: Okay. Answer me this. Why did you come here to tell me about this sale? And, why did you come here to tell me that you were buying CT?

CRAIG: (chuckles) I thought you would never ask. Carly, I want you to be the Co-CEO of CT Designs. So, what do you say? Wanna go into business together?

As she thinks about the offer, the camera zooms in on her face.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 103***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...