Thursday, July 27, 2017

EP 103 - Lily Gives Out Sound Advice

EPISODE 103

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Michael Eilbaum

SAME DAY. NIGHT.

At Bancroft, Barbara and Paul walk into the living room.

BARBARA: Thank you for coming over so quickly.

PAUL: No problem, mom. So, why’d you call me here?

BARBARA: Because, I have decided to do something bold with the company. And, as Co-CEO, I thought you had the right to know.

PAUL: Okay. What have you decided?

BARBARA: I am going to sell CT Designs.
---

At the Walsh Mansion, in the Living Room, Lucinda is over by the bar cart. She is pouring herself a glass of whiskey. She is also on the phone.

WOMAN: (voice over) The number you have dialed is currently not accepting calls at this time. Please leave a message after the beep.

(beeping noise)
LUCINDA: Grant, this is Lucinda Walsh. You said that you would pick me up for our second date. However, you are 15 minutes late. So, tell me, why are you wasting my time?
---

At the LakeView, in Diana’s Suite, Diana is sitting on the couch. She is eating Chinese takeout and having a glass of wine. She then has a flashback.

(FLASHBACK)

CRAIG: Diana, I hate to tell you this…

DIANA: Just tell me.

CRAIG: Grant Gibson just moved here.

DIANA: What the hell did you just say?

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

As Diana comes out of her thoughts, there is a knock at the door. She sighs and goes to the door. Upon opening it, she is in shock.

GRANT: Hello, Diana. Longtime...no see. How are you?
---
---

At April and Marcus’ Apartment, April is sitting on the couch. She is reading a fashion magazine. Then, Marcus enters. He is buttoning his shirt.

APRIL: (looking up) You look nice. Where are you headed to?

MARCUS: I have a date tonight with this girl named Eliza.

APRIL: As in Eliza Ryan? The girl who interviewed you today?

MARCUS: That is the one. We are having dinner tonight.

APRIL: (standing/going to him) You must be insane.

MARCUS: April, don’t start with me tonight. Now is not the time.

APRIL: Now is the perfect time. It seems that you need a little refresher course. Marcus, if we don’t want anyone to figure out our secret, then we cannot get close to anyone. That includes this Eliza girl.
---

At Java Underground, Natalie and Lily sit down with cups of coffee.

NATALIE: I am so glad you came out for coffee with me.

LILY: Well, I thought you could use some mother/daughter time. Look, I never meant to put you through so much. I should’ve never worried you like that.

NATALIE: Mom, you’re going through a lot. You do not have to apologize. Now, I need to ask you a question. Did you get my message about Brooklyn?

LILY: I did.

NATALIE: And…?

LILY: And, I just need to know something. Why are you so worried about Brooklyn? Why do you feel as though you can’t trust her?
---

Back at the Walsh Mansion, in the Living Room, Lucinda is sitting on the couch. She looks up at the clock, sighs, and takes out her phone. She dials and puts it up to her ear.

(beeping noise)

LUCINDA: Look, I don’t know where the hell you are. But, you should know this, I am not the type of woman who waits for a man. So, after you finish whatever you’re doing, don’t bother coming over here. Because, the doors will be locked, and the lights will be out.

Lucinda hangs up the phone. She then finishes off a glass of whiskey.
---

Back at Bancroft, Barbara closes the doors to the living room.

PAUL: You really wanna sell CT Designs?

BARBARA: (turning around) I do. The time has come. Plus, I wasn’t really planning on really doing anything with it.

PAUL: We can still do stuff with it. It is a huge company that Carly built. You got that company. If we hire a top designer to make clothing for the Bonita Chica models, then BRO could have two unstoppable divisions.

BARBARA: Honey, that is a very smart idea. But, I’ve made up my mind. Plus, we can use the money to further the success of Bonita Chica. We can build a bigger factory. We can hire more workers. We can ship out more of a quality product.

PAUL: Okay. Well, you said you made up your mind. So, go right ahead. Sell it. I can’t wait to see who snatches it up.
---

Back at Java Underground, Lily takes a sip of her coffee.

LILY: So, tell me, what did she do?

NATALIE: Well, she came home late one night. It was so odd. She rushed to the kitchen, and she poured herself multiple cups of vodka. I tried to ask her what was going on. But, she stuck with the same answer.

LILY: Which was?

NATALIE: That everything was fine.

LILY: Why was that answer odd to you?

NATALIE: Mom, I love her. And, when you love someone this strongly, you get instincts about them. I am getting this gut feeling. I just don’t know if I should follow this instinct or not. What do you think I should do?

LILY: I think you should follow your gut feeling. I have fallen in and out of love so many times. And, if I would have followed my gut feeling in some of those relationships, then who knows where I’d be today. You should always follow the right path.

NATALIE: Thanks, mom. I knew I could count on you for the right advice. You are so wise. I love you, mom. Thanks again.

LILY: Anytime. And, I love you too, Natalie. Just be careful.

NATALIE: I will be. I promise.
---

Back at the LakeView, in Diana’s Suite, Grant barges in the room passed Diana. Diana leaves the door opened. She turns around.

DIANA: You need to leave. Right now.

GRANT: See, I’m not gonna do that, Diana.

DIANA: You better. Or else, I’ll call hotel security.

GRANT: I’m not scared of them. And, I am not scared of your empty threats. You might want to close that door. We have a lot to talk about.

Diana takes a deep breath and shuts the door.

GRANT: Listen here…

DIANA: No!

GRANT: Pardon?

DIANA: You listen here. I am not the same woman who did that sting operation. You do not want to screw with me. I can be a real nightmare.

GRANT: Oh, can you? See, if I remember correctly, I am your nightmare. The first night you got back into town, you went and cried to Steve Andropoulos.

DIANA: How did you know that?

GRANT: Because, I know things.

Diana walks over to the door.

DIANA: I think you should leave now.

Grant walks to the door. He puts his hand on the door. This boxes Diana in.

GRANT: I’m coming for you, Diana. You tried to double cross me. You tried to bring me down. You thought you could get away. Diana, you can run, but you can’t hide. Get ready for payback.

Grant shoves Diana aside. He then leaves the room. He slams the door. Diana backs up and falls onto the bed, in the sitting position. She tries to catch her breath.
---

Back at April and Marcus’ Apartment, April helps Marcus with his tie.

APRIL: So, you will go out with Eliza tonight. But, after that, I do not want you seeing that girl. If you continue to, it could be very dangerous.

MARCUS: April, no one will discover our secret.

APRIL: I don’t want to take that chance. No one can really know why we moved to Oakdale. We didn't just move here because it is the hometown of our parents. We moved here to protect ourselves.

MARCUS: April, I know that.

APRIL: We murdered a well known author for his money, because our parents didn't leave us a dime. If you get close to the wrong person, secrets will come out. And if our secrets come out, I’ll kill you. And, trust me, I mean it. Do not cross me.

The camera pans to both of their faces.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 103***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...