Tuesday, July 25, 2017

EP 102 - Introduction To The Scott Siblings

EPISODE 102

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Maria Wagner

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.

At the Oakdale Community Center, in a Classroom, JJ is finishing up teaching a class on how to paint parts of the human body.

JJ: Alright, good job today, guys! Tomorrow, we will learn how to paint different face shapes. So, I’ll see you guys tomorrow. And, don’t forget to bring paint that matches skin tones. Thanks guys. Class dismissed.

Everyone starts talking as the get up. As they leave, a young lady enters the room. She then walks up to JJ.

WOMAN: Hey, am I too late for the painting class?

JJ: Unfortunately, yes. We just finished.

WOMAN: Oh. Darn. Well, seya.

Before she exits, JJ stops her.

JJ: Hey, what’s your name.

APRIL: My name is April Scott.











JJ: I’m JJ. JJ Larrabee Snyder.

April and JJ shake hands.
---

At WorldWide, in Sierra’s Office, Eliza is stacking up files on the desk. As she finishes up, she turns around. However, she is a little startled.

MARCUS: Hi, I’m Marcus Scott. I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.











ELIZA: Oh, you’re Marcus Scott. You are here to interview for the assistant position. And, no, no you didn’t scare me.

MARCUS: Oh, good. So, can we get started with the interview?

ELIZA: (smiling) Sure. Yeah. Let’s get started.
---

At Craig’s Apartment, Diana walks up to the bar cart. She pours herself a glass of scotch. She then turns around.

CRAIG: So, you want to strike a partnership again?

DIANA: Yes. You bet I do.

CRAIG: Why is that?

DIANA: Because, I have a plan. And, this plan requires your help.

CRAIG: What plan are you trying to set in motion?

DIANA: I want to breakup Steve and Betsy.
---
---

At the Walsh Mansion, Lucinda and Grant enter the living room.

LUCINDA: It was awfully sweet of you to stop by and check on me.

GRANT: Well, I had heard on the news that Lily went missing last night. A good man always knows to check up on a woman.

LUCINDA: There you go again.

GRANT: What do you mean?

LUCINDA: You’re turning on that charm.

GRANT: Is that charm irresistible by chance?

LUCINDA: It just might be.
---

At Bancroft, in the Living Room, Barbara refills her coffee.

BARBARA: Did you just say you want a baby?

HENRY: (going to her) To adopt a baby.

BARBARA: (turning around) When did this start?

HENRY: When did what start?

BARBARA: This desire of your’s.

HENRY: Like I said, I’ve been thinking about it for months.

BARBARA: Wow. You really threw a curveball at me.

HENRY: Sorry about that.

BARBARA: Don’t apologize. It’s fine.

HENRY: So, what do you say? Do you want to adopt?

BARBARA: Honey, I’m afraid that you’re not going to like my answer.

HENRY: Are you saying ‘no’ to me?

BARBARA: I am.
---

Back at the Oakdale Community Center, in a Classroom, JJ is packing up art supplies and putting it into a large cabinet.

JJ: So, you just moved here from Texas?

APRIL: Yup. My brother and I both moved here.

JJ: Cool. What brought you two to Oakdale?

APRIL: Well, our parents recently passed away. Anyway, they grew up here in Oakdale. So, we decided to give our parents hometown a try.

JJ: Well, I’m very sorry about the passing of your parents. But, welcome to Oakdale. It is a great place to live.

APRIL: That is what I’ve heard.

JJ: So, where’s your brother?

APRIL: He is actually at a job interview.

JJ: Oh. Cool. Um...why he’s there, do you wanna go to Java with me?

APRIL: Java?

JJ: Yeah. Java Underground. It is our local coffee shop.

APRIL: You know what? Coffee sounds great. Let’s go.

JJ: Alright.

JJ closes the cabinet. April grabs her purse off the desk. The two leave.
---

At WorldWide, in Sierra’s Office, Eliza and Marcus walk over to the mini conference table. They both sit down.

ELIZA: So, your resume says that you used to be the assistant to Lionel Winslow. That is very impressive. I assume you assisted on his books?

MARCUS: I did.

ELIZA: What was that like? Working for a world famous author?

MARCUS: It was really amazing. To this day, it is the best job I have ever had. I learned so much from Lionel.

ELIZA: That’s great. So, what made you move away from that job?

MARCUS: Well, after he passed away last year, I took some time to grieve. Then, my parents passed away…

ELIZA: I’m so sorry.

MARCUS: Thank you. Anyway, my sister and I moved here. She even worked for Lionel too. And, I just needed to go back to work. You know? I had actually missed the work field.

ELIZA: You seem like the perfect person for this job.

MARCUS: Well, thank you. I hope that I get it. Hey, do you mind if I ask you a question? It would be a very simple one.

ELIZA: Sure. Go right ahead.

MARCUS: Why are you leaving this job?

ELIZA: (clears throat) I got another job opportunity. Our hospital runs an internship program. You can pick your position to work in. I’ve chosen to work in the financial department.

MARCUS: That’s great. Can I ask you another question?

ELIZA: Go right ahead.

MARCUS: How would you like to go out with me sometime?
---

Back at the Walsh Mansion, in the Living Room, Lucinda and Grant are sitting by one another on the couch.

LUCINDA: Oh, where are my manners? I didn’t even ask if you wanted anything. Do you want anything? Tea? Water? Coffee?

GRANT: No, I don’t want anything to drink. However, there is something else that I would like from you.

LUCINDA: Is this your way of asking for a second date?

GRANT: Why in fact it is.

LUCINDA: Very smooth. I can’t remember the last time a man tried to be that smooth. Not just with me, but ever.

GRANT: Well, some of us prefer to be old fashioned.

LUCINDA: There isn’t anything wrong with that.

GRANT: No, there is not. So, will you go on a second date with me?

LUCINDA: You know what? Sure.

GRANT: Really?

LUCINDA: You seem shocked.

GRANT: I just didn’t think the answer would be ‘yes’.

LUCINDA: Well, it is.

GRANT: Okay. I’ll pick you up at 7:30.

LUCINDA: That sounds good to me.
---

Back at Craig’s Apartment, Craig and Diana sit down.

CRAIG: You want to breakup Steve and Betsy? Still the same Diana.

DIANA: Some things never change.

CRAIG: How do you plan to do it this time?

DIANA: Well, you leave that up to me. Do you want Betsy?

CRAIG: I’ve always loved her. I guess now could be my shot not to be lonely anymore. Gosh, I really would like her in my life again.

DIANA: So, are you agreeing to help me?

CRAIG: I guess I am. Just tell me the truth.

DIANA: Okay. Fine. I really am in danger. I’m not joking. Anyway, Steve is the only person I knew who I could turn to at a time like this.

CRAIG: How are you in danger?

DIANA: Someone is hunting me down.

CRAIG: Who?

DIANA: Grant Gibson.

CRAIG: As in the music producer?

DIANA: Correct.

CRAIG: Then, maybe Oakdale wasn’t the best place to come.

DIANA: What do you mean?

CRAIG: Diana, I hate to tell you this…

DIANA: Just tell me.

CRAIG: Grant Gibson just moved here.

DIANA: What the hell did you just say?
---

Back at Bancroft, in the Living Room, Barbara walks passed Henry.

HENRY: Honey, adopting a baby would breathe new life into this relationship. Don’t you want that for us?

BARBARA: (turning around) Can I ask you a question?

HENRY: Of course.

BARBARA: Am I not enough for you anymore?

HENRY: Of course you are.

BARBARA: Really? Because, it sure doesn’t seem like it. You just said that a baby can breathe new life into this relationship. Why can’t we?

HENRY: Because, not every couple can do that on their own.

BARBARA: Okay. Fine. I’ve listened to what you have had to say on the matter. Now, you can listen to me. Henry, I said I don’t want to adopt a baby. I stand behind that decision. I’ve already been a mother to babies. I’ve raised children. That part of my life is over. I’m 64 now. That isn’t exactly the age of a ‘spring chicken’. All I want to do right now is love you and love my company. Do you understand that?

HENRY: No. I don’t understand that. I want a baby. Excuse me if that seems selfish to you. But, I want to raise a child.

BARBARA: What are you saying?

HENRY: I’m saying that it looks like you’re going to just have BRO to love.

BARBARA: Are you leaving me?

HENRY: No. I am letting you make a decision. I’m just saying that if you make the wrong one, then I’ll leave you.

Henry walks out of the living room. Barbara goes over to the couch and sits. The camera pans out on her.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 102***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...