Thursday, June 8, 2017

EP 88 - Parker Tells JJ The Truth

EPISODE 88

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Brett Hellman

NEW DAY. MORNING.

At Java Underground, Sheila and Madison are sitting at a table. The two are enjoying a nice morning cup of coffee.

SHEILA: Thank you for coming to get coffee with me before I head off to the hospital. This is really nice. Just the two of us gals. Mother and daughter hanging out.

MADISON: Mom, I only did this because I had free time in my morning.

SHEILA: Well, I still appreciate it. I really do.

MADISON: Anyway, I might as well make conversation. Maybe it will make this whole bonding thing go a little faster. So, what’d you do last night?
---

At the Snyder Farm, in the Living Room, JJ is sitting on the couch. He is drinking a glass of orange juice and playing a game on his iPHONE. Parker comes down stairs and enters the living room.

PARKER: Hey, man.

JJ: Hey. There you are.

PARKER: Yeah. Here I am.

JJ puts down his phone.

JJ: (chuckles) What I meant is that I didn’t think you were gonna come home last night. That is until I heard the door open at one this morning.

PARKER: Yeah. What about it?

JJ: Well, I’m just wondering why you came home so late.
---

At Oakdale Memorial Hospital, the elevator doors ding open. Emily steps off the elevator. She then walks over to Paul’s hospital room. She is about to enter but a guard stops her.

EMILY: I’m sorry, who are you?

GUARD: I’m a hospital guard.

EMILY: Oh. Okay. I get it. Look, I’m Paul’s wife. I would just really like to see my husband. So, move out of the way, please.

GUARD: Ma’am, I’ve been authorized not to let you in.

EMILY: I’m sorry...who gave you that authorization?

Then, Barbara walks up to them.

BARBARA: I did.

Emily turns around and faces Barbara.
---
---

At the Mona Lisa, Holden and Lily are sitting at a booth. The two are having breakfast. However, Lily has barely touched her breakfast.

HOLDEN: Honey, are you okay?

LILY: I’m sorry...what?

HOLDEN: I was just asking if you were okay.

LILY: Yeah. I’m...I’m...I’m fine.

HOLDEN: No, you’re not. Are you thinking about Faith?

LILY: Yeah. Yeah, I am. I wish I could call her. But, she can’t have calls yet. I’m just really worried about our daughter.

HOLDEN: I’m not worried. You want to know why? Because, she is going to thrive at this facility. And, one day, in the future, we will finally have the true Faith back.
---

Back at Memorial Hospital, Alison and Casey step off the elevator of the 5th floor. They look both ways and spot Sandra. They go upto her.

ALISON: Chief Martin?

SANDRA: (turning around) Alison.

ALISON: Hi, I was wondering if I could borrow some of your time?

SANDRA: It’s your lucky day. I don’t have a surgery to rush into.

ALISON: Great. Anyway, this is my husband, Casey.

SANDRA: Nice to meet you.

CASEY: Nice to meet you too.

SANDRA: So, what’s going on?

ALISON: We were actually wondering if you illegally fired me.
---

Back at the Snyder Farm, in the Living Room, Parker sits next to JJ.

PARKER: I just came home from a study session.

JJ: Really, man? A study session?

PARKER: Yeah. Scouts honor.

JJ: Well, your scout's honor is a crappy one.

PARKER: Look, to tell you the truth, you don’t want to know why I came home so late. Trust me. You really don’t.

JJ: Dude, just tell me. I’m your brother. I’ll keep anything a secret.

PARKER: Are you sure that you’ll keep this secret?

JJ: Yeah. Lay it on me.

PARKER: (deep breath) I was invited to dinner by Madison’s mom Sheila. It was a good dinner. Plus, free food. Anyway, at the end of dinner...she did something unexpected.

JJ: What did she do?

PARKER: She kissed me.
---

Back at Java Underground, Madison takes a sip of her coffee.

SHEILA: I didn’t do anything last night. I just made myself a TV dinner, watched The Young and the Beautiful, and I went to bed.

MADISON: Oh. Sounds like it was a fun night.

SHEILA: Yeah, it was a blast.

Sheila takes a sip of her coffee. Then, she becomes deep in her thoughts.

(FLASHBACK)

PARKER: This looks delicious.

SHEILA: I hope you like it. Dig in.

Parker takes a bite. Sheila looks at him. She is waiting for some kind of reaction. Parker takes another bite. This time he gets whipped cream on his face.

SHEILA: You have…

PARKER: (chuckles) Where?

Sheila reaches across the table. She wipes off some of the cream.

SHEILA: It is right here.

Sheila then smiles. She looks deep into Parker’s eyes.

PARKER: Miss Murphy?

Sheila then leans across the table and kisses Parker.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

MADISON: Mom, are you okay?

SHEILA: (snapping out of it) I’m sorry. What?

MADISON: I asked if you were okay.

SHEILA: Yeah. Yeah, honey. (smiling) I’m fine.
---

Back at the Mona Lisa, a waiter clears Lily and Holden’s table.

HOLDEN: So, what do you want to do now? We could go see a movie. We could go drop the invitations off at the post office for our anniversary party…

LILY: Honey, there’s only one thing I wanna do.

HOLDEN: Tell me what that one thing is. We can do anything.

LILY: Frankly, I just want to go home. I want to crawl in bed with an old photo album, and just look at pictures of Faith.

HOLDEN: Are you sure?

LILY: Yeah. I’m sure.

Lily gets up from the table. She grabs her purse and walks off. Holden watches as she does this. He then let’s out a heavy sigh.
---

Back at Memorial Hospital, on the 5th floor, Sandra closes a patient’s chart.

SANDRA: I’m sorry. Did I hear you correctly?

ALISON: I think you did.

SANDRA: Alison, I did not fire you illegally. The board approved your firing. I am not the only one involved in that process.

CASEY: Doctor Martin, I am in the process of getting a court order that will let us search hospital records. If we do find out that you fired my wife illegally, then there will be huge consequences.

SANDRA: What kind of consequences, Mr. Hughes?

CASEY: Well, we would start by not suing you, but this whole damn hospital.
---

Still at Memorial Hospital, Emily walks over to Barbara.

EMILY: You gave this guard authorization to not let me see Paul?

BARBARA: Damn right I did. And, don’t expect to see him anytime soon.

EMILY: Barbara, what the hell has gotten into you?

BARBARA: Emily, what’s in me has always been inside of me. That gene. That mother gene. It has always been there.

EMILY: Since when? Because, I’ve never seen it.

BARBARA: I am a damn good mother. And, I will protect my son.

EMILY: Back off. I will be seeing my husband. You can’t keep me from him.

BARBARA: See, that’s where you’re wrong.

EMILY: You bitch! You will not get away with this, Barbara.

Emily walks off in a rage. Barbara smiles.

BARBARA: Oh, I think I already have.

The camera zooms in on Barbara’s face.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 88***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...