Thursday, March 30, 2017

EP 68 - Rita Tells Kim The Truth!

EPISODE 68

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Brett Hellman

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.

At BRO, Henry steps off the elevator. He then goes to Barbara’s office. He knocks on the door,  once he gets there.

BARBARA: (on the other side of the door) Come in!

Henry enters.

BARBARA: Darling, what a lovely surprise.

HENRY: Hi, Babs.

BARBARA: What brings you by?

HENRY: We need to talk.

BARBARA: Talk? About what?

HENRY: Katie.
---

In Oakdale Park, Tom and Bob are walking a trail.

BOB: So, you met Rita?

TOM: I did. Dad, now I understand who you’re dealing with.

BOB: Son, what do you think we are dealing with?

TOM: A very dangerous woman.
---

At Kim and Bob’s Home, Rita goes up to the door. She takes a deep breath and knocks. A couple seconds later, Kim answers.

RITA: Oh, Kim.

KIM: Hello, Rita.

RITA: Is Bob home?

KIM: Oh, I’m afraid not. Do you want me to call him?

RITA: No, that’s fine. Since he isn’t home…, that means I can talk to you. So, may I come in? Can we talk?

KIM: Um...is this about my cancer?

RITA: No. No, it is not. It is all about Bob.
---
---

At Alison and Casey’s Apartment, Casey enters the home. Alison is in the bedroom. Emily and Casey are in the living room. Emily stands from the couch.

EMILY: Thanks for coming home.

CASEY: Of course. How is she?

EMILY: Not good. She received a blanket for CJ. It sent her over the edge. She couldn’t do it. She then ran off to the bedroom.

CASEY: Okay. Thanks for calling me. Listen, I’ll take care of this from now on. Thanks for coming over today, Emily.

EMILY: Anytime. Give her my love.

CASEY: Yeah. Sure. Bye.

EMILY: (leaving) Bye.

Emily shuts the door behind her. Casey sighs and walks off to the bedroom.
---

At Java Underground, Lily, Holden, Brooklyn, and Natalie are sitting at a table. They are having lunch.

NATALIE: Thanks for buying us lunch.

LILY: No problem, honey.

NATALIE: So, why’d you guys call this lunch?

HOLDEN: Well, we wanted to see another side of you and Brooklyn. We were kind of blindsided at dinner.

BROOKLYN: I apologize for that.

NATALIE: I do too.

LILY: No, don’t apologize. Listen, your father and I need to tell you and Brooklyn something very important.

NATALIE: What’s up?

HOLDEN: We want you to know that we approve.
---

Back at BRO, Henry shuts the door.

BARBARA: I don’t want to talk about Katie.

HENRY: Apparently you don’t want me too either.

BARBARA: Oh. I take it you found out.

HENRY: About how you told Katie that she needs to keep me out of her messes? Yeah, I did find out. Katie told me. Why would you say that to her?

BARBARA: Forgive me, but I don’t want you going to jail all because Katie can’t keep her life in check. I don’t want to visit you behind bars.

HENRY: Look, I believe you had the best intentions.

BARBARA: Of course I had the best intentions.

HENRY: But, I don’t need you to take care of me. Katie and I have always helped one another through the hard times. It is what we do. We’re friends.

BARBARA: I know you are. I just don’t like this helping one another out. Yes, friends help one another. However, having to help her with a crime is a little extreme.

HENRY: I know why you went to her. If it makes you happy, I will no longer help her with anything that involves a criminal action.

BARBARA: That would make me happy. Thank you.

HENRY: You're welcome. I love you.

BARBARA: I love you too.
---

Back at Java Underground, Holden takes a sip of his soda.

NATALIE: So, you’re okay with Brooklyn and I?

LILY: We are perfectly fine with it. I’m happy for you.

BROOKLYN: Mr. and Mrs. Snyder…, thank you.

HOLDEN: Please, call me Holden.

LILY: And call me Lily.

NATALIE: Mom, dad, this is so great. I can’t thank you enough for accepting us. This means so much to me. So very much.

HOLDEN: We love you.

LILY: We really do.

Natalie and Brooklyn smile at one another.
---

Back at Alison and Casey’s Apartment, Casey enters the bedroom. A lamp is on, otherwise the room is completely dark. He walks into the room. Alison is asleep. Casey gives her a kiss on the forehead.

CASEY: Everything will work out, honey. I promise.

He then shuts off the lamp and exits the room. He shuts the door behind him. Then, Alison’s eyes open.

ALISON: (to herself) I hope you’re right. I hope everything works out.
---

Back in Oakdale Park, Tom and Bob sit on a bench.

BOB: So, what do you suggest we do?

TOM: Dad, I think it is time that we build a case. I think we need to get Margo involved. We need to get ahead of this.

BOB: Son, I didn’t mean to kill that little boy. In my eyes, I did the right thing. Why should I be punished for doing the right thing.

TOM: That’s just it. You shouldn’t be punished. I’m going to try to get you out of this. I am going to try and help you.

BOB: Thank you.

TOM: Anytime, dad.
---

Back at Kim and Bob’s Home, Rita and Kim are in the living room. They are sitting on the couch and having tea.

KIM: So, are you going to tell me again how much Bob loves me?

RITA: Actually, no. We need to talk about something more serious.

KIM: More serious? Rita, what are you talking about?
RITA: Now, when I tell you this, I don’t want it to send you into overde. I need you to stay calm. Do you understand?

KIM: Yeah. Sure. Just tell me what’s going on.

RITA: 62 years ago, Bob murdered a boy by the name of Brett.

Kim is absolutely shocked. She can’t believe what Rita just said.

KIM: What did you just say to me?

The camera zooms in Kim’s face.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 68***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...