Thursday, September 14, 2017

EP 117 - Parker Confronts Carly

EPISODE 117

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Maria Wagner

SAME DAY. NIGHT.

At the Snyder Farm, in the Living Room, Carly and Jack sit on the couch. The two are trying to catch their breath.

CARLY: Well, I’m glad we got you all moved in.

JACK: It feels really nice to be home.

Carly and Jack smile at one another. As they kiss, Parker burst into the house. Carly and Jack look at him and stand. They go to him.

CARLY: Honey. Hi. Are you okay? You seem enraged.

PARKER: You bet I am.

JACK: What’s going on, son?

PARKER: I’m mad at mom.

JACK: Why?

CARLY: I think I know why.

PARKER: How could you, mom? How could you?
---

At Finders/Keepers PI Firm, JJ, Margo, Eliza, and Katie walk into Margo and Katie’s shared office. Margo closes the door.

KATIE: So, what brings you two by?

MARGO: Yes. I would like to know that too.

ELIZA: Well…

JJ: We’d like to be your first clients.
---

In Oakdale Park, Diana jogs by a bench and stops. As she stretches on the bench, someone walks up to her. They tap on the bench. She looks up.

GRANT: You really shouldn’t jog at night. You never know who you’ll encounter. By the way, how are you, Diana?
---
---

At FairWinds, in the living room, Emily is standing by an easel. On the easel is a laid out plan for a project Emily is working on. She is on the phone.

EMILY: Thank you so much, Mr. Mattson. I am so honored to have you invest in my new project. Alright. Have a lovely day. It was nice talking to you too. Alright. Bye.

As Emily hangs up the phone, Paul enters.

PAUL: Well, well, well, I see my wife is busy at work.

Emily walks up to Paul. The two kiss.

EMILY: Hi, honey.

PAUL: Hi. So, would you like to tell me what’s going on?

EMILY: Why, yes, I would. I am working on a new project.

PAUL: Oh yeah? What’s it called?

EMILY: VOSA. It stands for Victims of Sexual Assault. I just...I just want to help people. This is something that I’ve been through, as you know. I just want to make the world a safer place for everyone.

PAUL: You are such an amazing person, you know that?

EMILY: Thank you very much, honey. Well, I have to get back to work!

PAUL: Good luck. Can’t wait to see what you do with this whole thing.
---

At Sheila’s Apartment, Sheila is sitting on the living room couch. She is drinking a glass of wine. Then, there’s a knock at the door. She gets up with her glass.

SHEILA: (opening the door) Honey, what a lovely surprise.

Madison enters, walking past Sheila.

SHEILA: Sure. You can come in.

Sheila shuts the door and turns around.

SHEILA: So, what brings you by, honey?

MADISON: When were you going to tell me that you and my ex-fling were planning on getting married to one another?
---

Back at the Snyder Farm, in the living room, Carly and Jack motion closer to Parker. Carly moves in front of Jack.

CARLY: Honey, there is a lot you don’t understand about what went down between Sheila and I. Yes, I know you are very smart. However, there are things one can’t always understand.

PARKER: Don’t treat me like a child.

CARLY: Parker, I am your mother. I am just trying to look out for you. I just don’t want you to get hurt, honey.

PARKER: Well, I won’t. And, you, can butt the hell out…

JACK: Hey! Don’t speak to your mother like that.

CARLY: It’s fine. I can take it. He wants to get all of his feelings out. I respect that. Go ahead. Tell me how you feel.

PARKER: I’ll tell you something. If you ever get in the middle of my life with Sheila again, our mother/son relationship will be over. I promise you that.
---

Back at Finders/Keepers, in Margo and Katie’s shared office, Margo gets out a legal pad and pen. She then walks back over to JJ, Katie, and Eliza.

MARGO: Alright, I guess I’ll take some notes.

KATIE: Sounds good. Go ahead. Tell us what’s up.

ELIZA: So, JJ and I met these people....siblings, in fact. There names are April and Marcus Scott. Anyway, Marcus took me out on a date. However, he cut it abruptly short. It was so odd. He literally shoved me out of his car.

MARGO: Wow. What about April?

JJ: April signed up to take the art class that I’m teaching at the community center. I thought we were becoming friends. However, she shut that down before I could say anything. It is just all too odd.

KATIE: It does sound strange. What do you think Margo? Do you think this is worth looking into? Should we look into the Scott siblings?

MARGO: In my opinion, I think we definitely should.
---

Back at Sheila’s Apartment, in the living room, Sheila sets her wine glass down on the table. She walks over to Madison.

SHEILA: Honey, I swear I was not planning to keep this from you. Parker and I just got engaged. How did you find out about this?

MADISON: He texted Johnny.

SHEILA: Oh.

MADISON: I had to hear the news from my boyfriend. I expected to hear it from my mother. And, yes, I know you said you were going to tell me later, but I should’ve been the first one to find out. Who did you tell first?

SHEILA: Carly.

MADISON: Of course.

SHEILA: What is that supposed to mean?

MADISON: You are always looking to start something. I bet you and Carly got into a fight, and you loved every second.

SHEILA: We did fight. But, I didn’t like it when she slapped me.

MADISON: I can’t believe you are doing this. Hell, I thought this would just be some fling of your’s. Like mother, like daughter thing.

SHEILA: Can’t you just be happy for me?

MADISON: How could I?

SHEILA: All I want to do is build a family. Me, you, Parker, Johnny, and your child. We can make this work. Come on. Please. One chance. That’s all I ask.

MADISON: Mom, I’ve given you so many chances. And, I just don’t know if I can give you anymore. That is a tough choice to make.
---

Back in Oakdale Park, Diana stands from the bench.

DIANA: What do you want?

GRANT: I know what you’re up to.

DIANA: What are you talking about?

GRANT: I know your plan to get Steve back.

DIANA: I still don’t…

GRANT: Cut the crap. I know exactly what is going on.

DIANA: What are you gonna do about it?

GRANT: I’m gonna help you.
---

Back at FairWinds, in the living room, Emily looks at sketches for a logo. She then puts the sketches down and becomes deep in thought.

(FLASHBACK)
(FLASHBACK ENDS)


EMILY: (sighs) I have to help these victims. I can’t let them down. It is time that these victims of sexual assault get justice. Justice I couldn’t. It is time that they break free from all the pain. I will help them. I will make it my life’s mission.

Emily then gets back to looking at the sketches. The camera pans out.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 117***

PLEASE WATCH THIS VERY IMPORTANT VIDEO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...