Tuesday, September 12, 2017

EP 116 - Diana's Devilish Plan!

EPISODE 116

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Brett Hellman

SAME DAY. NIGHT.

At Marcus and April’s Apartment, in the living room, April is standing by the desk. She is on the home telephone.

APRIL: Thank you for this opportunity, Mr. Santana. Alright. You have a good night too. I will see you tomorrow. Bye.

April hangs up the phone. Marcus enters.

MARCUS: Who was that on the phone?

APRIL: Diego Santana. The owner of the newspaper.

MARCUS: Why were you talking to him?

APRIL: Because, I have an interview with him tomorrow. You may be looking at the newest reporter for The Oakdale Chronicle.
---

At Java Underground, Eliza takes her coffee from the barista. She then walks over to a small counter and puts sugar into her coffee. Then, JJ walks up to her.

JJ: Hey, Eliza.

ELIZA: JJ, hey.

JJ: Do you have a second to talk?

ELIZA: Of course. What’s up?

JJ: Well, I wanted to talk to you about April and Marcus.
---

At Sheila’s Apartment, in the living room, Sheila is sitting on the couch. She is anxious and tapping her foot. Then, there is a knock at the door. She rushes to the door.

SHEILA: (opening the door) Thank god you’re here.

She embraces Parker.

PARKER: Hey, honey. What’s wrong?

SHEILA: Your mother attacked me.
---
---

At Jack’s Apartment, Carly and Jack are in the living room. They are packing Jack’s things for him to move back into the Snyder Farm house.

CARLY: Do you want your collection of spy novels?

JACK: Of course I do.

CARLY: (laughs) Are you sure?

JACK: Yes.

CARLY: I’m so glad you’re moving back into the house. The kids are going to be thrilled to have you back at the house full time.

JACK: I bet they will be. So, how has your day been?

CARLY: Well, it was good until Sheila stopped by.

JACK: Sheila? What’d she want?

CARLY: Oh. You haven’t heard?

JACK: Heard what?

CARLY: Parker and Sheila are getting married.
---

At Craig’s Home, Diana throws her purse on the couch.

DIANA: Now, this plan of mine might seem insane at first. But, I just want you to take it all in. Let me tell you, it is a good plan.

CRAIG: That’s great. But, can we get on with it? What is your plan?

DIANA: I am going to sleep with Steve. And, Betsy is going to catch us in the act. So, have you made a decision yet? Or, would you like to hear more?
---

Back at Sheila’s Apartment, Parker enters the apartment. Sheila shuts the door and turns around to face him.

PARKER: What do you mean my mother attacked you?

SHEILA: It’s such a long story.

PARKER: Well, I’ve got time.

SHEILA: (sighs) Let’s sit.

Sheila and Parker walk over to the couch and sit.

SHEILA: I went to go tell her that we plan to get married.

PARKER: I wish you would’ve waited for me.

SHEILA: I planned too. But, I just want this wedding to happen so bad. And, I want your mother on board with this whole thing.

PARKER: I do too. Anyway, continue.

SHEILA: (sighs) I tried to play nice. I really did. I came there with the best of intentions. Everything seemed fine for awhile. Next thing I know, she went on the offensive. She judged me and called me out.

PARKER: Then what?

SHEILA: Then, she slapped me.

PARKER: (standing) She slapped you?

SHEILA: (standing) Yes. But, it only hurt for a bit.

PARKER: I can’t believe her. I’m gonna go over there right now.

Parker walks to the door. Sheila rushes to him.

SHEILA: No. Please, don’t.

PARKER: No. I am so done with her. I have to do this. The way she is treating you is not right, and I won’t stand for it.

SHEILA: Just be careful where you step.

PARKER: I will. I love you.

SHEILA: I love you too.

Sheila and Parker kiss. Parker rushes out. As soon as Sheila closes the door, she walks back over to the couch. She smiles.

SHEILA: Point one Sheila. Zero Carly.
---

Back at Marcus and April’s Apartment, in the living room, April sets the phone back on the hook. She then turns to face Marcus.

MARCUS: April, you realize we are sitting on a pile of millions. You don’t need to go out and work your butt off with the citizens of Oakdale.

APRIL: Yes, I do. We can’t let our secret get out.

MARCUS: What does this have to do with our secret?

APRIL: Marcus, don’t you think it might be strange to this town if they see two people in their 20s strutting around with millions in their bank account?

MARCUS: April, we can just say we got it from our parents.

APRIL: Look, I just want to give us a normal life. I want our lives to be great again. I want to get that murder of that author out of my head.

MARCUS: Are you sure this is the right thing to do?

APRIL: Of course I think this is the right thing to do. Now, will you at least wish me luck? I could really use it for my interview tomorrow.

MARCUS: Alright. Fine. Good luck.

APRIL: (laughs) Thanks.
---

Back at Jack’s Apartment, in the living room, Carly and Jack are sitting on the couch. Both of them are drinking bottled water.

JACK: Wow. I did not see that coming.

CARLY: You and me both.

JACK: We can’t let this happen.

CARLY: That’s exactly what I told her.

JACK: What the hell is he thinking?

CARLY: I don’t know. Sheila obviously has him brainwashed.

JACK: Carly, we have to stop this wedding. It cannot happen.

CARLY: Trust me. I’m gonna fight like hell to break those two up.

JACK: Well, I’m your partner. Let’s do this.

CARLY: Let’s.
---

Back at Java Underground, Eliza and JJ sit at a table.

ELIZA: Why do you want to talk about April and Marcus?

JJ: Well, I just wanted to get your opinion on the two.

ELIZA: Well, I haven’t met Amy yet. However, as you know, I did go on that date with Marcus. Boy was that awkward.

JJ: Yeah. You told me about that little mess. And, speaking of awkward, I think that is a good word to describe them.

ELIZA: What do you mean?

JJ: Well, you told me about your whole thing with Marcus. And, I have tried becoming friends with April. But, she is just super odd sometimes.

ELIZA: Do you think they have a secret?

JJ: It appears they might.

ELIZA: What do you suggest we do?

JJ: I think we should hire a private investigator.
---

Back at Craig’s Home, in the living room, Craig walks over to his bar cart. He pours himself a glass of scotch and turns back to Diana.

CRAIG: Diana, your plan seems a little far-fetched.

DIANA: Hopefully it will seem less ludicrous to you, when I explain how I plan to complete this mission of mine.

CRAIG: How do you plan to do this?

DIANA: Well, I am going to start spending a lot of time with Steve. I have to take down Grant Gibson. Anyway, one night, I will suggest we have drinks. I’ll drug his drink of choice. Then, I’ll undress him, I’ll undress me, and I’ll get us in bed.

CRAIG: You really are crazy.

DIANA: Oh, Craig, you haven’t seen crazy yet. But, before I do anything, I need an answer from you. Are you joining me for this plan?

Craig finishes off his scotch.

CRAIG: You bet I am.

The camera zooms in on Diana’s smiling face.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 116***

WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU! WE ARE LETTING FANS PICK ONE CHARACTER TO RETURN IN NOVEMBER! AND, YOU READERS GET TO PICK! VOTE IN OUR POLL BELOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...