Thursday, May 18, 2017

EP 82 - Bonita Chica Facecream Launch PT. 1

EPISODE 82

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Maria Wagner


SAME DAY. NIGHT.


At an Event Center, Barbara and Paul are setting up for their event for the release of Bonita Chica. Barbara walks up to Paul. She is holding a clipboard.


BARBARA: Alright, people should be here soon.


PAUL: Sounds great


BARBARA: Are you nervous?


PAUL: (sighs) A little. This face cream either puts BRO back on the map, or we become a country road. There’s a lot to worry about.


BARBARA: Do you think Emily is gonna come tonight?


PAUL: I don’t know.


BARBARA: Are you hoping she will?


PAUL: Of course I am. It means that she is going to be showing support. That would mean so very much to me.


BARBARA: Well, I hope she comes.


Then, Paul checks his watch.


PAUL: Well, time to open those doors.


Paul walks off. Barbara glares over at him.


BARBARA: Everything will be alright son. I promise.
---
---

Back at the Event Center, the party is in full swing! Everyone is enjoying themselves and is dressed to the nines. Then, Carly and Jack enter the center.


CARLY: Well, well, well, this looks very nice.


JACK: Are you sure you want to be here?


CARLY: You bet I do. I expect to hear from Barbara about the things I said to her. But, until I do, let’s enjoy ourselves.


JACK: Let’s.


Carly and Jack walk off. Then, Margo and Tom enter.


MARGO: Wow. BRO wet all out.


TOM: Yes, they did. Is that an ice sculpture?


MARGO: In this heat? Wow, Barbara really can do it all. Well, let’s split up. I’ll meet you back at the table. I’m gonna go snag one of those goodie bags.


TOM: You do that.


Tom and Margo split up.


ACROSS THE ROOM:


Lily and Holden walk over to Dusty. Dusty is making a plate at the buffet.


LILY: Hey, old friend. It is so good to see you out and about.


DUSTY: Hey, you two. I’m happy to see you two here.


HOLDEN: Well, we needed a night out too.


LILY: Amen to that. It was time to focus on the glamorous life.


DUSTY: (chuckles) Sometimes we all need to focus on that part.


HOLDEN: Hey, are you okay?


DUSTY: Yeah. Why do you say that?


LILY: You just seem...off.


DUSTY: Oh. I didn’t know that.


HOLDEN: So, is everything okay, man?


DUSTY: Yeah. I’m good. Scouts honor.


AT TABLE #5


Kim is on her cellphone. Bob is sitting next to her.


KIM: Alright, I will be in tomorrow. See you then, doctor.


Kim hangs up and puts the purse back in her evening bag.


BOB: So, is the appointment all set and ready?


KIM: Yes. Everything is set and ready.


BOB: Are you sure you’re ready for this surgery?


KIM: As long as you are by my side, I am ready for anything.


BOB: I will always be on your side.


Bob kisses Kim.


AT TABLE #9


Betsy, Steve, Emily, and Eliza are drinking champagne.


ELIZA: It is so cool that you two came together.


BETSY: Well, it is just as friends. That is all.


ELIZA: (laughs) I highly doubt that.


EMILY: I’m inclined to agree.


STEVE: Are you two conspiring?


BETSY: (laughs) I think they are. Hey, Emily let’s go to the powder room. I need to freshen up and talk to you about mom.


EMILY: Alright. Sounds good to me.


Betsy and Emily walk off.


STEVE: So, you wanna play a card game?


ELIZA: I thought you would never ask.


IN THE POWDER ROOM


Emily and Betsy enter. They go to the sinks. The two set their bags down and open them.They begin to refresh their make up.


EMILY: So, is everything okay with mom?


BETSY: Yes, mom is fine. But, I didn’t actually want to talk about mom. I actually wanted to talk to you about Steve.


EMILY: What about Steve?


BETSY: I think I still love him.


EMILY: Really? Are you serious?


BETSY: Yeah.


EMILY: When did this come about?


BETSY: Frankly, it has always been there.


EMILY: I’m so happy for you. And, I just want you to be happy. Sis, if Steve makes you happy, then go for it. Go be with him. I ship you two.


BETSY: Ship?


EMILY: Something Eliza taught me.


Emily and Betsy laugh.


BACK IN THE DINING AREA


Katie walks up to Henry who is leaning up against a wall.


KATIE: Hey. Is this where spouses of CEOs stand?


HENRY: (chuckles) Very funny.


KATIE: (sighs) Look, I know Barbara wants to put distance between us, but I need to talk to you. There’s something I need to say.


HENRY: What?


KATIE: I think Julian’s coming back.


BEHIND THE STAGE AT THE CENTER


Paul is preparing his speech. Then, Barbara walks up to him.


BARBARA: You almost ready?


PAUL: Yes. I am just about ready.


BARBARA: Good. Now, I don’t know if you’ve seen what’s on the other side of that curtain, but Emily’s here tonight.


PAUL: She is?


BARBARA: Yes.


PAUL: Great. Now I feel more nervous.


BARBARA: Honey, everything will be fine. Just go out there and give the audience what they want. Give BRO what we want.


PAUL: You got it.


Barbara hugs Paul.


BARBARA: (smiling) That’s my girl.


OUTSIDE


A man hands his keys to a valet.


VALET: Hey, you better hurry and make your entrance. I’m following the event scheduel and they’re getting close to the face cream reveal.


MAN: Trust me, I plan to make a grand entrance.


The man walks inside the center.


BACK INSIDE


Paul steps out on stage. Everyone turns to see him. They applaud.


PAUL: Thank you for that lovely applause. I should come out from behind curtains way more often.


Everyone laughs.


PAUL: For over two decades, BRO has been a company that constantly keeps up with the trends. Last year, BRO came back from the dead, so to speak. We reinvented ourselves and I have to say it was all worth it. Ladies and gentlemen I would like to reveal to you the one thing that will put BRO back on the map. I present...Bonita Chica’s face cream.


Everyone applauds as the face cream container, being holden by a model, is shown on a TV screen. 


Then, someone enters the ballroom. Everyone, hearing the door open, looks at who has entered. Some of them stand up in shock.


BARBARA: What the hell?


LISA: What…


LUCINDA: Is he doing here?


TOM: I thought…


JACK: He was gone.


Then, Katie walks up to the man.


KATIE: What are you doing here?


MAN: I’m here to get me some of that face cream.


The man then walks to the stage. He goes to the podium.


MAN: Well, aren’t you all happy to see me?


The man laughs. He is then revealed. The man is revealed to be JULIAN STENBECK! The camera zooms in on his face.


***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 82***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...