Thursday, April 27, 2017

EP 76 - Diego & Sabrina Search For Iva

EPISODE 76

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Maria Wagner


SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.


At Rosanna’s Home, Rosanna reenters the living room, with her iPHONE in hand. She walks to her coffee table and sets her phone down.


ROSANNA: Sorry about that. I have some new investors coming into my motor company. It’s been hours upon hours of work since early January.


CARLY: That’s fine. Now, can we get back to what you said.


ROSANNA: What did I say? Which part?


CARLY: You know the part where you told me that you’re not going to help me fight off Barbara, so I can get my company back?


ROSANNA: Oh. Right. That. Well, my answer still stays the same. I’m not helping you, Carly. I just can’t help you at this moment.
---


At Oakdale’s AIDS/HIV Research Office, Sabrina is in her office. She gets up and walks over to her tea set. She pours herself a cup. Then, Diego barges in.


SABRINA: (turning back) Diego.


DIEGO: Sorry to barge in on you, Sabrina.


SABRINA: Yeah. You should be. What are you doing here?


DIEGO: I’m looking for Iva.


SABRINA: Oh, she’s at her suite.


DIEGO: That’s what I thought too. I thought she’d gotten back from Florida. However, she wasn’t there. And, I called her...she won’t pick up. I’m really worried.
---


At Memorial Hospital, in Rita’s Office, Rita is working peacefully. She goes to her filing drawer and files away some papers. Then, Kim enters.


RITA: (looks up) Oh, Kim! I was just about to call you. I have great news. You are ready for surgery. Your cells…


KIM: I don’t want to hear about that.


RITA: (taking off her reading glasses) Pardon?


KIM: You bitch! Do you really think you can screw with my marriage...my husband...and get away with it?
---
---

At Lisa’s Penthouse, Lisa and Emma are sitting on the couch. There are several binders filled with decorating ideas. The binders are scattered throughout. The two ladies are very hard at work.


LISA: Alright. I made my choice. I adore the red and white rose bouquet. It is absolutely breathtaking. We can do that with the black tablecloths.


EMMA: Wonderful. Are you sure you want me in on this? I mean...decorating is more your thing, Lisa. I thought I would just handle the food.


LISA: This masquerade ball is going to be my ballroom’s first event, that won’t have any...well...you know…


EMMA: Death.


LISA: Exactly. I want everything to go perfect. I need two sane minds.


EMMA: (to herself) Two? She really is crazier than I thought.


LISA: What was that?


EMMA: (laughs) Nothing. Let’s move onto invitations.


LISA: That’s the spirit!
---


At the Oakdale Police Department, in an Interrogation Room, Margo is sitting on one side of a table. She has a file in hand. Bob is sitting on the other side of the table. There is a video camera set up.


MARGO: Are you sure you don’t want a lawyer? I can call Tom. He’s your son. He would drive 90 on the expressway to get here.


BOB: No, I don’t want a lawyer present. I have nothing to hide, Margo. I am open to answer any questions honestly.


There is a silence that falls in the room.


MARGO: Alright, then. Let’s begin. Today is Thursday April 27th, 2017. I am Commissioner Margo Hughes of Oakdale, Illinois. The department and state have reopened the unsolved murder of Brett Evans. Today, I am interrogating a possible suspect. Sir, please state your name for the record.


BOB: Robert Hughes.


MARGO: Is it true that you have in fact decided not to have an attorney present at this afternoon’s proceedings?


BOB: Yes. Not having a lawyer is my choice.


MARGO: Alright. Then, let’s move onto these questions.
---


Back at Rosanna’s Home, Rosanna puts her phone in her purse.


CARLY: Rosanna, please. I need you right now. Why exactly don’t you wanna help me with this? You hate Barbara as much as I do.


ROSANNA: (sighs) I don’t want to ruin things.


CARLY: Ruin things? I don’t understand.


ROSANNA: Carly, we’ve finally made peace again. I don’t want to disrupt that peace by getting involved in another sticky situation.


CARLY: Ro, I can’t do this without you.


ROSANNA: Dammit, Carly! This is your problem. I said “no”. Please, for the love of God, take that as my final answer!


CARLY: Okay. Fine. I will.


Carly, fed up, grabs her purse off the couch. She then walks out.


ROSANNA: Carly, wait!


Rosanna chases Carly to do. However, she is too late. Carly has removed herself from the home. She slams the door behind her. Rosanna takes a deep breath.
---


Back at Lisa’s Penthouse, Lisa and Emma are standing now. Emma is putting binders into a large purse.


EMMA: Hey, how do you feel about the dinner rolls from Lomax’s? Do you think they’re too expensive? I…


LISA: Emma, the more expensive the better.


EMMA: Alright, whatever you say.


LISA: Now, there’s something I need to tell you.


EMMA: What do you need to tell me?


LISA: I just want to say thank you.


EMMA: Lisa saying thank you? Are you feeling alright? Are you sure you haven’t been feeling light-headed or anything?


LISA: Ha, ha, ha. I’m serious. You are helping me out in a way that no one has helped me out before. You’re saving me from another business failure.


EMMA: I’m just doing what I can. Listen, I have to get over to Java Underground. I’m meeting Holden for coffee.


LISA: Well, tell him I said.


Lisa and Emma walk to the door.


EMMA: I will.


LISA: (opening the door) I’ll be in touch.


EMMA: Same here.


LISA: Goodbye, Emma.


EMMA: Bye.


Emma exits. Lisa shuts the door. She then turns around and leans up against the door. A smile comes across her face.
---


Back at Memorial Hospital, in Rita’s Office, Kim goes back to the door. She shuts the door. She then walks back to Rita.


RITA: That was the quite the entrance you just made.


KIM: I do what I have too. Look, we’ll talk about my surgery later. I’ve been fighting cancer this long, I can fight it a little longer.


RITA: Kim, I did the right thing.


KIM: No, you didn’t. You might think you did but you didn’t. Bob and I aren’t in a good place because of this secret coming out.


RITA: And, how is that my fault? Bob murdered this little boy.


KIM: See, that’s just it. I don’t think that he did.


RITA: Excuse me?


KIM: Bob could never murder anyone. Let alone a child. I don’t think he did this, Rita. I’ve scheduled Bob a hypnosis appointment.


RITA: You have?


KIM: Yes, I just feel like he doesn’t really know what went down either. After all, it was 62 years ago. (walking to the door) Oh...and...Rita…?


RITA: Yes.


KIM: I’ll give you an update.


Then, Kim exits.


RITA: Dammit! Bob can’t discover what actually happened. I can’t let him know the truth. (sighs) What am I gonna do?
---


Back at Oakdale’s AIDS/HIV Research Office, in Sabrina’s Office, Sabrina walks over to her desk. She opens up her purse and digs for her cellphone.


DIEGO: What are you doing?


SABRINA: I’m going to call Iva. We’ll get this all straightened out. I’m sure that she is perfectly fine.


Sabrina dials on her cell and puts it up to her ear.


A COUPLE SECONDS LATER:


WOMAN: (over phone) At the tone, please record your message. When you are finished recording, you may hang up, or press one for more options.


Then, there’s a beeping noise.


SABRINA: Hey, Iva. This is Sabrina. Listen, I’ve got your future husband in my office with me. Him and I are wondering where you’ve run off to. Give me a call. Okay? We’re starting to get worried. Bye.


Sabrina hangs up her phone.


DIEGO: So…?


SABRINA: There was no answer.


DIEGO: Are you worried now like I am?


SABRINA: A little bit. Yeah.
---


Back at the Oakdale Police Department, Margo and Bob exit the interrogation room. Then, Kim enters the police department and goes to them.


MARGO: Sorry about that Bob.


BOB: Kim…, honey...what are you doing here?


KIM: I heard you were here from the neighbours.


BOB: Is everything alright?


KIM: Yes, everything is fine. There was just something that I needed to tell you. It couldn’t wait until you got back…


MARGO: Kim, what’s going on?


BOB: Honey?


KIM: I don’t believe that you killed that little boy. That is why I got you an appointment with the hospital’s new therapist.


MARGO: That’s wonderful. Maybe after that appointment you can come back here. Kim, our video recorder broke down. So…


BOB: Say no more. When’s the appointment?


KIM: Tonight. We are going to find out everything...tonight.


The camera pans to each individual face, then zooms in on Bob’s.


***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 76***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...