Thursday, April 13, 2017

EP 72 - Dusty Threatens Craig

EPISODE 72

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Jennifer Pepperman

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.

At Java Underground, Brooklyn and Natalie are having lunch.

NATALIE: I’m so glad that you found time for us to have lunch.

BROOKLYN: Well, I couldn’t pass up on lunch with my fave gal.

Natalie laughs a little.

BROOKLYN: Also, I wanted to take this time to ask you something.

NATALIE: Ask me something? Okay. Go ahead. What’s up?

BROOKLYN: How would you feel about moving in together?
---

At the LakeView, Lily steps off the elevator. She walks down a hall of suites. She comes to Iva’s. She knocks on the door. A couple seconds later, Iva opens the door.

IVA: Lily, I haven’t seen you in weeks. What a lovely surprise.

LILY: Look, we need to talk. Right now.

IVA: What is it?

LILY: When were you going to tell me that you and Diego got engaged?
---

At Craig’s Home, Craig pours himself a glass of scotch. He undoes his tie and goes to the couch. As he is about to sit, there is a knock at the door. He sighs. He then puts his drink down and goes to the door.

CRAIG: (opening the door) Dusty.

DUSTY: Hello, Craig.

CRAIG: What are you doing here?

DUSTY: Well, I just had to find out why you decided to move up the court date on the custody hearing. So, why did you do it?
---
---

At WorldWide, Sierra is sitting behind her desk. She is on her office phone.

SIERRA: (on the phone) Mr. Catlin, I am delighted to hear that you’ve decided to sell us materials at a cheaper cost. Thank you.

As she continues her phone conversation, Marshall enters. He goes to Sierra and begins to kiss her neck. Sierra let’s out a small laugh.

SIERRA: Oh, no, Mr. Catlin. I am not laughing at you. Look, something just came up. I’ve gotta go. Have a good day.

Sierra hangs up the phone. She turns to Marshall and kisses him on the lips.

SIERRA: Hello, Mr. Taylor.

Marshall smiles and backs away. Sierra stands.

SIERRA: I thought you had plenty to work on today.

MARSHALL: I do. But, I just had to come and see you.

SIERRA: Oh really? What about?

MARSHALL: When can I take you on our next date?

SIERRA: Depends on where we are going.

MARSHALL: How does Paris sound?
---

At the Snyder Farm, in Carly’s Bedroom, Carly and Jack are in bed.

CARLY: You know that we’ve been in bed all day. Right?

JACK: Yes. And, it has so far been the best day of my life.

CARLY: Mine too. I love you so very much.

Carly kisses Jack. She then gets up. She grabs her pink robe and puts it on. She ties it around her waist, tightly.

CARLY: Now, as much as I do love you…, I have to visit Barbara.

JACK: What do you and Barbara have to discuss today?

CARLY: My company.

JACK: Do you have 10 more minutes to spare?

CARLY: (laughs) I’m sure I can scrape 10 minutes together.

JACK: That’s my girl.

Jack grabs Carly. She falls on the bed, laughing.
---

Back at Java Underground, Brooklyn takes a drink of her water.

NATALIE: You wanna move in together?

BROOKLYN: Yeah. Think about it. I’ve got an apartment. Plenty of room.

NATALIE: Yeah. You do. You do have a lot of room.

BROOKLYN: Do you think I’m moving too quickly?

NATALIE: Listen, can I just think on it? This is my first relationship where I am being my true self. I just want to be careful about this whole thing.

BROOKLYN: I understand.

NATALIE: (standing) Look, I’ve gotta go meet my mom at the salon downtown. She wants us to have some girl time. I’ll call you later.

BROOKLYN: Okay.

Natalie and Brooklyn kiss. Natalie collects her things and walks off.
---

Back at the LakeView, Lily enters Iva’s Suite. Iva shuts the door.

IVA: (turning back) Look, I was going to tell you.

LILY: When? That is my burning question. Were you going to tell me tomorrow, next week, the night before the wedding?

IVA: Lily…, why does this bother you so much?

LILY: He framed me for murder! Does that fact magically evacuate your mind every time we see one another?

IVA: No...it does not skip my mind. I know Diego isn’t the most liked person in this town. However, I love him. I really do. I deserve happiness.

LILY: Last I hear, you were done with him. He broke your heart on Christmas Eve. You were so upset about that.

IVA: I was. But...in time...I’ve gotten over it.

LILY: Iva, I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Sooner or later...Diego will stomp all over you. And, when he does, and I mean no disrespect...but...when he does...don’t come crying to me. Because, I will be right there to tell you “I told you so”.

IVA: You do that, Lily. But, I don’t think that time will ever come.

LILY: You’d be surprised how quickly will. I’ve gotta go. Goodbye, Iva.

IVA: Bye, Lily.

Iva walks Lily to the door. Iva opens the door and Lily exits. Upon closing the door, Iva walks away from it. She then glances at her engagement ring.

IVA: Everything will be just fine. (sighs) Just fine.
---

Back at WorldWide, Sierra and Marshall walk to the other side of the office.

SIERRA: You want to go to Paris for a second date?

MARSHALL: Yes. We can take my private jet. We’ll have dinner by the Eiffel Tower. We’ll sample many great wines. We’ll be back in no time.

SIERRA: Wow. You’ve thought of everything.

MARSHALL: I guess you could say that.

SIERRA: Do you think we could get away from all the work right now?

MARSHALL: I think we can manage that.

SIERRA: Alright. Let me just take care of a few things…

MARSHALL: Then you’ll be all mine?

SIERRA: Exactly.

MARSHALL: Sounds good to me.

Marshall and Sierra kiss.
---

Back at the Snyder Farm, Carly reenters the bedroom. She is now dressed in a pant suit. Jack is still laying in bed.

CARLY: Are you ever going to get up today?

JACK: Yeah. I’ve got a couple of cases to deal with.

CARLY: You have to be the hottest PI in the world.

JACK: You think so?

CARLY: I don’t think so. I know so.

JACK: Be careful...I just may pull you back in this bed.

CARLY: Tempting. But, I gotta go visit Oakdale’s version of Medusa.

JACK: Tell Barbara I said “hello”.

CARLY: (laughs) I will. Bye, honey.

JACK: Bye.

Carly and Jack kiss.
---

Back at Craig’s Home, Craig shuts the door.

CRAIG: Dusty, it was all my lawyers idea.

DUSTY: Bull! You did this all on your own.

CRAIG: I’m sorry if I upset you.

DUSTY: Do me a favor. Don’t ever apologize for showing your true colors, Craig. It really does get annoying.

CRAIG: Dusty…

DUSTY: Look, I get it. You miss Johnny. You feel guilty for not being there. However, that is your fault. You have a son, Craig. Go be with him. Leave mine alone.

CRAIG: Don’t cross me, Dusty. I am getting…

DUSTY: You are not getting anything! You listen to me. If you continue with this whole custody thing…, I will ruin you.

CRAIG: How so?

DUSTY: I’ll tell everyone that you caused Margo’s blindness, that you killed that guy, and that you set fire to that restaurant. You will be back in a cell so fast, it will make your head spin.

The tension continues to build. The camera zooms in on both of their faces.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 72***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...