Thursday, October 13, 2016

EP 22 - The RETURN of Iva Snyder!

ATWT-Logo.jpg
EPISODE 22

Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Brett Hellman

SAME DAY. NIGHT.

At Barbara and Henry’s Mansion (Bancroft), Barbara picks up her cell phone.
BARBARA: Hello, this is Barbara. Hello. Hello.

Barbara sighs, and hangs up.

PAUL: I assume that wasn’t Diego.

BARBARA: No. Just some prank callers.

PAUL: Okay. How long is left on Diego’s money acceptance?

BARBARA: 14 hours.
---

At the Oakdale Police Department, Margo and Tom enter Margo’s office.
MARGO: (sighs) Officer Salinas said he would get that note down to forensics.

TOM: Okay. How are you holding up?

MARGO: I’m just running on fumes.

TOM: Why don’t you take a break, for just a sec. Reel yourself back in. Come to the conclusion that those initials on that letter are J.S.

MARGO: I don’t want to come to that conclusion. God, I wish they were someone else's initials. And, I can’t take a break.

TOM: Will you at least let me stay, and help you sort things out?

MARGO: Now, that can be arranged.

TOM: Alright, let’s get to work.

MARGO: Let’s.
---

At a skyscraper across town, the camera zooms on the front doors to the building. On the front doors, a sign is there.

THE SIGN READS:
56EF8F45-F2F9-4F9C-93A870239F6DC027_medium.jpg
IN SABRINA’S OFFICE:

Sabrina is sitting behind her desk, on the phone.

SABRINA: Yes. Of course. Our services are open to anyone. Alrighty, you have a good night too. Alright, bye, sir.


Sabrina writes on a piece of paper. As she gets up to pour herself a glass of water, a woman enters her office.

SABRINA: Hello, may I help you?

4fac8924-d467-4bb9-98a9-4012a0823860.jpg
WOMAN: In fact, you can. I heard that you were looking for a partner, here.

SABRINA: Uh...yes. Could you tell me your name?

WOMAN: Iva. Iva Snyder.
---
---

At Memorial Hospital, Holden, Faith, Susan, Natalie, Ethan, Carly, and Jack are in the waiting room.

Carly is in a corner, on the phone.

Maura_West.jpg
CARLY: Hey, Dusty. Listen, this is Carly. I need to meet with you ASAP. I have some new info on Craig. It is explosive. It will send him back to prison.

As Carly hangs up the phone, Jack walks up to her.

JACK: Hey. Who was that?

CARLY: That was just a phone call I had to make.

555231461252602.jpg
JACK: I just got off the phone with Victoria.

CARLY: Congratulations. Let me guess, she’s coming back from her business trip, so she can be with you through this difficult time.

JACK: In fact, I told her not to come back.

CARLY: Any woman who really cared for her man, would move Heaven and Earth to get to him, at a time like this. Has that ever occurred to you? Anyways I thought you were talking to Holden and Faith.  

JACK: I was. But, I just needed to get in, and get out in this situation.

CARLY: Oh. Hope everything is okay. Anyways, I should go call our children. Let them know what happened.

Carly walks off. Meanwhile, Ethan hands Susan her pill.

SUSAN: Thank you, Ethan.

ETHAN: If you don’t mind me asking, what is the pill for?

SUSAN: Oh, allergies. I’m sure you’ve heard it in my voice. This is a pill John gave me, actually. Said it would help.





ETHAN: Oh, that was nice of him.





SUSAN: John’s a nice guy. That’s why I hope that he, and everyone else is fine.

As Susan takes her pill, a Doctor enters.

NATALIE: Doctor.

Everyone turns their attention to the doctor.

HOLDEN: Doctor Jeffries, how’s my wife?


jessica-lowndes-charming-smile_75741-1024x768.jpg
FAITH: How’s my grandmother?

SUSAN: How’s John?

DOCTOR: Now, I assure you I will answer all of your questions. However, there is some bad news, that I must deliver. News, I thought I would never have to say.
---

Back at Bancroft, Paul pours a glass of scotch.

PAUL: So what do you expect to do if Diego doesn’t take the money?

BARBARA: Paul...we’ve been over this.

PAUL: Just humor me.

BARBARA: Son…

PAUL: Consider it a birthday present.

BARBARA: Your birthday isn’t for another two months.

PAUL: Early.

BARBARA: I have told Diego what would happen, if he didn’t take it.

PAUL: What did you say to him?

BARBARA: I said that this town is different, now. It has been over a decade, since he last showed his face here. I said that people are stronger here, now. We know how to handle things differently.

PAUL: So, you threatened to kill him?

BARBARA: I didn’t threaten anyone. I layed down the law, so to speak.

PAUL: So you threatened him?

BARBARA: Fine, in so many words, yes. Anyways, are you gonna tell Emily about this?

PAUL: I have to. I can’t hide Anything from her, about this.

BARBARA: I understand. Protect her Paul.

PAUL: I am going to do everything I can.

BARBARA: Even though Emily and I haven’t always seen eye to eye on things, I do care about her. I want only the best for her. I am here, if you need anything.

PAUL: Thanks for that.

BARBARA: Anytime.

Paul takes a small sip of his drink.
---

Back in Sabrina’s Office, Sabrina hands a glass of water to Iva. She has one too.

SABRINA: Wow. Iva Snyder. It has been ages since I last heard that name.

IVA: Many people say that.

SABRINA: (laughs) I could have sworn you were halfway across the world with your husband, and that sweet little boy of yours.

IVA: Well, that sweet little boy, went off to college. He’s gonna follow in his father’s footsteps, and become a doctor. As for Jason and I, we got a divorce. It finalized, last month.

SABRINA: I’m sorry to hear that. Is that what brought you back here?

IVA: It is in fact. It is time I start a new life for myself. One, where I am home. I missed my mother’s wedding, and that was a chance to see everyone. Including Lily.

SABRINA: Did you not here?

IVA: Here what?

SABRINA: Iva, there was an explosion at your mother’s wedding.

IVA: W-w-what?

SABRINA: Yeah.

IVA: I’ve had no connection to news for so long.

SABRINA: Do you want me to drive you to the hospital?

IVA: Would you?

SABRINA: Of course. Let me grab my things.

Sabrina grabs her purse, coat, and car keys.

SABRINA: Let’s go.

Sabrina and Iva exit.
---

Back at the Oakdale Police Department, Margo reenters her office. Tom is sitting on the couch,  going through his briefcase. He looks up, as Margo enters.

TOM: Are those the results of the letter?

MARGO: Yes. The team compared James’ writing, to the letter.

TOM: And…?

MARGO: Let’s have a look.

Margo opens up the envelope, taking the results out.

MARGO: Oh my god.

TOM: It can’t be.

MARGO: They are a match. A 99.9 percent match.

TOM: Oh my god.
---

Back at Oakdale Memorial, in the waiting room, everyone is crowded around the doctor.

SUSAN: Doctor, I demand you answer our questions.

DOCTOR: Sorry, I just don’t know how to put this.

HOLDEN: Begin with my wife. Work your way from there.

DOCTOR: Okay. Sounds good. There was some damage to your wife’s skin tissue. Mrs. Snyder has a long road ahead of her. She was badly burned. She’s in the burn unit, as we speak.

FAITH: Oh god.

download.jpg




NATALIE: Poor mom.



ETHAN: It’s okay, sis. Mom’s a fighter.

HOLDEN: Amen to that.

JACK: What about Lucinda?

DOCTOR: Mrs. Dixon suffers from first degree burns. She will be treated in the burn unit for three weeks, and then sent home. She also has a concussion.

CARLY: Oh god, Lucinda.

Jack puts his hands on Carly’s shoulders.

SUSAN: What about John? You’ve said nothing about John.

DOCTOR: That’s where the terrible news stems from.

SUSAN: Just tell us, Doctor Jeffries. Please! We need to know!

DOCTOR: I regret to inform you all, that Dr. Jonathan Michael Dixon, has passed away, from complications of debris.

Everyone breaks down, not being able to take the news.

SUSAN: (falling into Holden’s arms/crying) Not John! No! NO! NO! NO!

The camera zooms in on Susan.

***FADE OUT***
---

---

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...