Tuesday, October 4, 2016

EP 20 - In Memoriam of Agnes Nixon

ATWT-Logo.jpg
EPISODE 20


Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Hayes
Directed By: Maria Wagner


SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.


At Oakdale Catholic Church, Lily, Sierra, Reverend Thomas, Holden, and John stand at the front of the sanctuary. Meanwhile, Carly, Jack, Faith, Luke, Natalie, Susan and Ethan sit at their respective seats.
The wedding march begins to play. Everyone stands. Lucinda begins her descent down the aisle. Once she gets to the front, everyone sits. Lucinda hands her bouquet off to Sierra. Her and John smile at one another.


REVEREND: Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Today, we are here to celebrate the love, that is shared between Doctor Jonathan Michael Dixon, and Lucinda Elizabeth Walsh.


DOWN IN THE BASEMENT OF THE CHURCH:


The camera pans all throughout the basement.
In a small corner, a bomb is counting down.
---
At the Oakdale Police Department, Margo is by the coffee station. She is stirring sugar and creamer into her cup. Tom enters the police station, and walks up to her.


MARGO: Hi, hon.


TOM: Hey.


MARGO: I didn’t know you would be out of court this early. I thought that you and Casey would have a long day cut out for you.


TOM: Well, the judge found Mrs. Martinez, not guilty.


MARGO: Even though, her fingerprints were all over the knife?


TOM: I know. But, in the end, it is Coleridge's decision.


MARGO: (sighs) Yes, it is. So, what brings you by?


TOM: We need to talk.


MARGO: About what?


TOM: That nightmare you had, a couple days ago.
---


At Memorial Hospital, Emily and Paul are in Paul’s hospital room. Emily is helping Paul put on his tie. Once finished, she grabs her purse.


PAUL: Thank you for bringing me a change of clothes.


EMILY: No problem.


PAUL: Hey, how are you holding up?


EMILY: I’m fine. As well as can be expected.


PAUL: Hey, I love you. Everything is gonna be okay.


Paul kisses Emily on the forehead, as she falls into his arms.
---
---

At Oakdale Hospital, the elevator doors open, as Barbara walks off the elevator, she looks both ways. She stares straight ahead to see ROOM 112. She sees Diego through the window. Barbara becomes deep in thought.


(FLASHBACK: EPISODE 19)


BARBARA: I remember the day it came out in the papers that Kirk Anderson had shot Diego. We all thought he was dead. We all had a sigh of relief. But, now, he’s back. He kidnapped my son. God knows what will happen next.


BETSY: Let’s just hope Emily got further with that second bullet.


(FLASHBACK ENDS)


Barbara then gathers the courage to go into the room. She enters quietly. Diego is sleeping. She then bangs on the bed.


BARBARA: Wake up, you slime ball.


DIEGO: Well, well, well. Look what we have here. Barbara Ryan. How I’ve missed you so. So, what brings you all the way to the third floor?
---


At Mona Lisa Restaurant, Craig is sitting at the bar, having a glass of scotch. Rosanna enters the restaurant, and sighs, as she walks to Craig.


ROSANNA: Hello.


Rosanna sits on a bar stool.


ROSANNA: Your text said you wanted to meet me. What’s up?


CRAIG: Well, your sister and I have had the pleasure of talking, lately.


ROSANNA: You can stay away from Carly.


CRAIG: Let me finish, what I need to say.


ROSANNA: Craig, this is probably some ploy.


CRAIG: It is not a ploy.


ROSANNA: Then, what is this?


CRAIG: I have been meaning to come clean with you about something.


ROSANNA: What?


CRAIG: Just listen to what I have to say on this.


ROSANNA: Just, go ahead and say it. I have a call with Cabot from his boarding school in an hour. Just tell me what is going on.


CRAIG: I slept with Carly.
---


In Emily’s Car, Paul is sitting in the passenger seat, as Emily drives.


PAUL: You gonna be okay?


EMILY: (changing lanes) I’ll be fine.


PAUL: Em, you can tell me anything?


EMILY: You know, I was happy when Diego was pronounced dead. I felt a different kind of freedom. Now, I just feel trapped, again. And, I think that I will always feel trapped. In some sort of way.


Paul reaches for Emily’s hand.
---


Back at Memorial Hospital, in Diego’s room, Barbara sets her clutch down on a table.


BARBARA: You know what has always been funny to me?


DIEGO: What is that?


BARBARA: You always felt that you were at the top of the food chain, when you were in this town. Truthfully, you were always in last place.


DIEGO: Wasn’t that you many, many years ago?


BARBARA: I came into this town strong, and I will leave this life stronger.


DIEGO: What exactly are you doing here, Barbara?


BARBARA: I’m here to issue a warning.
DIEGO: A warning?


BARBARA: Yes.


DIEGO: What kind of warning?


BARBARA: Diego, I want you to leave town. I will transfer one million dollars, to any account of your choosing.


DIEGO: (laughs) You think just because you have money to spend, you can hand it to anyone; and they’ll follow your commands?


BARBARA: That’s usually how it goes down. Diego, I would take the money.


DIEGO: Why do you suggest I take the money, Barbara?


BARBARA: This town has changed. People have changed. They are stronger, now. They are not afraid to come after you.


DIEGO: Are you threatening me?


BARBARA: Take the money, or leave it. You have 24 hours to tell me, your choice.


Barbara grabs her bag, and walks to the door.


BARBARA: Have a terrible day, Diego.


Barbara leaves, Diego smiles.
---


Back at Oakdale Police Department, Tom and Margo walk in Margo’s office.


MARGO: Tom, I have a lot of work to do, today. I truly don’t feel like discussing this whole thing, right now.


TOM: I just want to know what my wife has been thinking.


MARGO: It was just a thing. Nightmares happen.


TOM: This was a nightmare about your rape.


MARGO: I know that. Listen, I want to help Faith. I’m not just gonna walk away from this case. She deserves my help.
TOM: I think they would all understand if you stepped away.


MARGO: I am not doing that to Lily and Holden. Especially to Faith.


TOM: Since you won’t do that, will you talk to me?


MARGO: (sighs) Fine.


TOM: Let’s go to lunch.


MARGO: Okay. But, we’ve got to make it fast. Deal?


TOM: Deal. I love you.


MARGO: (kissing Tom) I love you too.
---


Back at the Mona Lisa, Rosanna takes a sip of her drink.


ROSANNA: You have got to be freaking kidding me.


CRAIG: I know this is a…


ROSANNA: You will say anything. Anything to get to fall in love with you, again, and hate Carly, for good. You always do this.


CRAIG: Rosanna, this is the truth. I wouldn’t lie to you, about this. She didn’t want me to tell you, because she didn’t want to hurt you.


ROSANNA: Stop it.


CRAIG: Excuse me?


ROSANNA: Stop with these lies. These stupid lies. I don’t believe you.


Rosanna finishes her drink, and stands, grabbing her purse.


CRAIG: If you don’t believe me, just ask your sister.


Disgusted at Craig, Rosanna rolls her eyes, and walks out. Craig sighs.
---

Back at the Oakdale Catholic Church, the wedding proceeds.


REVEREND: The couple has taken the time to write their own vows. Lucinda.


LUCINDA: (sighs) Oh John. We’ve been here before. (laughs) That’s no secret. There is one thing that hasn’t changed since our last wedding. That one thing is, that I still love you. I’ve always loved you. You have always been my one true love. My soulmate. My guy. I am so overjoyed and thrilled to be standing here with you, again. Thank you for loving me, and cherish me. I just hope that all women get a man like you. A special man, who cares and loves them, until his last day.


JOHN: Lucinda. My sweet Luci. I can’t believe that I get to be your husband, again. I can’t believe how lucky I am. When I was writing these vows, I needed a way to put my thoughts into words. All I could think about was this poem. Every morning I wake up, and see, the most beautiful woman, lying next to me. She’s the one I cherish, and love. She is a blessing, that has been sent, from Heaven above. I will love her, as a husband should, and do everything for her, that I can. I will let her know everyday, that I love her, more than words can say. I love you, Lucinda. I always have, and I always will.


REVEREND: Those were beautiful. Now, repeat after me. I John, take thee Lucinda, to be my lawfully wedded wife.


JOHN: I John, take thee Lucinda, to be my lawfully wedded wife.


REVEREND: To have and to hold, from this day forward.


JOHN: To have and to hold, from this day forward.


REVEREND: In sickness, and in health. For richer, for poorer. Forsaking all others.


JOHN: In sickness, and in health. For richer, for poorer. Forsaking all others.


REVEREND: Lucinda, repeat after me. I Lucinda, take thee John, to be my lawfully wedded husband.


LUCINDA:  I Lucinda, take thee John, to be my lawfully wedded husband.


REVEREND: To have and to hold, from this day forward.


LUCINDA: To have and to hold, from this day forward.


REVEREND: In sickness, and in health. For richer, for poorer. Forsaking all others.


LUCINDA: In sickness, and in health. For richer, for poorer. Forsaking all others.


REVEREND: Without further ado, by the power in me, and by the power of the state of Illinois, I pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss, the bride.


Lucinda and John kiss, as everyone stands, and claps.


Then, everyone walks outside. John and Lucinda, first, then the wedding guest.


OUTSIDE:


REVEREND: Everyone, if you would please head down to the opening lawn, the reception will be held, there.


LILY: (whispering to Holden) I’ll be right back. I forgot my purse.


HOLDEN: Okay.


Holden walks off, as Lily walks back in the church.


INSIDE:


Lily walks into the sanctuary.


LILY: (sniffling) What’s that strange smell. Oh, whatever.


Lily grabs her purse, and walks to the door. Just as she opens the door, the building EXPLODES.


Lucinda turns back with everyone else.


LUCINDA: Lily!

The extra waves of vibrations, and the church damage flying at them, makes all of them fall to the ground.


bomb-blast-1.jpg
---
THIS EPISODE IS DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF AGNES NIXON.
---
black.jpg

---

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...