Tuesday, March 13, 2018

EP 168 - Barbara Goes off The Rails!

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 168

CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS
WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON
STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY

NEW DAY. MORNING.
MARGO & TOM’S HOME - KITCHEN
Image result for kitchen with small dining table
Margo is sitting at the kitchen table. She is drinking a cup of coffee. She then becomes very deep in thought. The camera zooms in on her.

(FLASHBACK)

MARGO: You know, you are accusing my husband of shooting someone. But, how do I know you didn’t do it? How do I know you aren’t lying to save your ass?

KATIE: Margo, come on.

MARGO: No! You come on! You dish it out but you can’t take it! You have just as much a motive as the rest of us. Julian has been a virus in your life for two and a half years now. He has stalked you. He has decided not to let you out of his life. That all seems like a motive to me. So, there, how does it feel?! How does it feel to be accused of attempted murder?!

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

Margo comes out of her thoughts. As she takes a sip of her coffee, Tom enters the kitchen. He walks over to the coffee pot and pours himself a cup of coffee.
Image result for tom atwt
TOM: Morning, honey.

MARGO: Morning.

Tom takes his coffee mug and makes his way to the table.

TOM: (sitting down) After I get a shower, we can go back to the hospital.

Image result for margo atwt
MARGO: Actually, before we fully start our day, I need to speak with you.

TOM: Okay. What do you need to talk to me about?

MARGO: I need to ask you something very serious. In fact, it is a question that you’ve already asked me. And, I’ve given you an honest, upfront answer. That is why I would like one in return. If you don’t mind.

TOM: Of course I don’t mind being honest with you. What’s going on?

MARGO: I need to know if you were the one who shot Julian or not. So, tell me, did you put that evil bastard in a coma?
JAVA UNDERGROUND
Image result for cafe
Iva is sitting at a table. She is drinking a cup of coffee and reading a book. Then, Cal enters. He sees Iva but doesn’t go to her at first. He looks at her with a questionable face to make sure it is her. Once he is confident, he walks over to her.
Image result for patrick tovatt
CAL: Iva?

Iva puts her book down.

IVA: Cal?

CAL: Hello.

Related image
IVA: What are you doing here in town?

CAL: I’m back for good. Mind if we have a chat?
BANCROFT - LIVING ROOM
Image result for mansion living room
Barbara enters the living room in a hurry. She walks over to the bar cart and pours herself a scotch neat. She then drinks it very quickly. Henry enters.
Image result for Trent Dawson
HENRY: Honey.

Image result for Colleen Zenk
BARBARA: Oh, Henry, I thought you were having breakfast with Katie this morning. What are you still doing here?

HENRY: I forgot my wallet. I noticed it before I backed out of the driveway. Honey, it’s a little early to be having a drink. What’s going on with you?

The camera zooms in on Barbara’s face. It is apparent she is wrestling to tell Henry the truth or come up with a good enough lie.
MONA LISA - DINING AREA
Related image
Danielle is sitting a table. She is having breakfast and looking over a file. The file contains pictures of evidence in Julian’s case. Then, Craig walks up to her.
Related image
CRAIG: Oh my god. It’s really you.

Danielle looks up from her file.

DANIELLE: Well, well, well, Craig Montgomery.

CRAIG: Longtime…

Related image
DANIELLE: No see.

CRAIG: I had no idea you were back in Oakdale.

DANIELLE: Well, I am. So, how are you?
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL - HOSPITAL ROOM #2
Image result for hospital room
Vanessa enters the room. She shuts the door behind her. She then walks up to Julian. She pulls up a chair and sits next to his bed.
Related image
VANESSA: Hey, brother. (sighs) I’m gonna be late to the office. But, I don’t care. I need to say some stuff to you. And, lucky for me, you won’t get the chance to talk back.

Back at Java Underground, Iva retrieves money from her wallet. She puts the money on the table. Then, she stuffs her wallet and her book into her purse.

IVA: You know, I really should be going. I have a busy day ahead of me at the office. And, I already treated myself to a great breakfast.

CAL: Iva, please.

Iva lets out a sigh. Cal sits down.

CAL: I just want to know how you’re doing these days.

IVA: I’m doing fine. In fact, I’ve been doing fine since your son came in and destroyed my life all those years ago. But, I’m not gonna dwell on that. I’ve made peace with Josh letting the secret about Lily’s true parentage out.

CAL: We all have. Can you believe that secret came out 30 years ago?

IVA: Yeah. I can. Look, is there something you need?

CAL: I was hoping we could be friends.

IVA: Really?

CAL: Yes.

IVA: (standing/collecting her things) I’m sorry, Cal. I have to get to the office.

Iva walks off.

Back at the Mona Lisa, Danielle takes a sip of her orange juice.

CRAIG: So, what brings you back to Oakdale?

DANIELLE: I’m here to consult on a case. And, there’s talk of permanent employment. But, even if I don’t get a job with the OPD, I’m still gonna stay. This place is home to me.

CRAIG: That makes two of us.

DANIELLE: What have you been up to since we last saw one another? I mean, you are out of prison now. So, I guess what I’m asking is, what have you been doing since then?

CRAIG: Not a whole lot.

DANIELLE: I don’t believe that.

CRAIG: (sighs) I have a new girlfriend.

DANIELLE: Congratulations. Speaking of girlfriends, if you could forget my last stint in town, that’d be great. I’ve worked very hard to put that behind me.

CRAIG: No problem. Water under the bridge.

DANIELLE: Thanks. Thanks so much.

Back at Tom and Margo’s Home, in the Kitchen, Tom stands from the table and goes to the sink. He washes out his mug. Margo stands up and goes to him.

TOM: I can’t believe you are accusing me of shooting him.

MARGO: Tom, turn around. Answer me.

Tom turns off the water, sets the mug down, and turns around.

TOM: I did not shoot him.

MARGO: How do I know you are not lying to me?

TOM: You really think I’m lying? Wow. You know, I took your answer to heart. I trusted you. But, I am deeply offended that you don’t trust me on this. And, forgive me, but I don’t understand why you are all of the sudden accusing me.

MARGO: I know you would do anything to protect me. And, you know that Julian could go off the rails at any second. And, we all know he isn’t afraid of coming after me...or you. After all, you were the one who inadvertently shot him.

TOM: I didn’t mean to shoot Julian last year. I did it to protect people. It was an accident. We were wrestling over a gun. I would never shoot someone intentionally. I would always do what it takes to protect someone. I shot Julian when he wrestled me over a gun. I shot Elroy when he broke into my grandparents’ home all those years ago. See, unlike you, I use guns to protect
people. You actually want to hurt people with them. That’s right, none of us have forgotten that time you pulled a gun on Emily.

MARGO: How dare you. I wasn’t thinking clearly at that moment.

TOM: And, another thing. I could use your history against you way more than you could me. You’ve used guns to protect people for decades. It went into your job description. But, I never accused you of not using a gun to hurt someone with. Like that time you shot and killed Deena. I didn’t use that against you. I knew it was an accident.

MARGO: I didn’t mean to hurt you or accuse you. I just wanted the truth, Tom.

TOM: The truth is, is that I didn’t shoot the son-of-a-bitch!

MARGO: Tom, I…

Then, the phone in the kitchen rings. Tom takes a deep breath and picks up the phone. He presses the GREEN button and puts the phone up to his ear.

TOM: Hello, this is Tom Hughes. Emily, hi, what’s up? What? Wait. Slow down. What are you saying? Oh my god. I’ll be right there. Okay. Calm down. Everything will be fine.

Tom hangs up the phone and grabs his car keys.

MARGO: What’s wrong?

TOM: Nothing I need your help with.

Tom exits the home. He slams the door behind him. The camera zooms in on an upset Margo. She lets out a sigh.

Back at Bancroft, in the Living Room, Barbara pours herself another drink.

HENRY: Honey, maybe you should slow down.

BARBARA: I don’t want to.

HENRY: Why not? What’s the problem?

BARBARA: I don’t want to talk about it. Just go to your breakfast thing with Katie. I’m sure she’s already there. And, you don’t want to be late.

HENRY: Katie will understand. However, I do not. Barbara, why are you drinking this early? And, why do you look so rattled?

Barbara then throws the glass across the room.

BARBARA: My God! Just drop it!

Barbara walks off. A confused expression comes across Henry’s face.

Back at Memorial Hospital, in Hospital Room #2, Vanessa lets out a sigh and leans back in her chair. She then crosses her legs.

VANESSA: You know, I’m surprised with how well things are going. I’m tricking Andy into loving me again. That will make it so easy to hurt him in the end. I know you didn’t like Lucinda and John for what they did to our brother. But, don’t worry, I will fix everything. In fact, I can spend more time on him. I took care of shooting Casey for you. And, don’t worry, no one will ever suspect me. After all, I’m a Special Agent. Which, I’m glad I am. I mean, I get to hunt down your shooter with no mess at all. And, once you wake up and get out of here, it will be so much easier for me to make us disappear. You know, I can’t wait to get back to an island. I miss being me. I miss being Ariel Aldrin Stenbeck so much. This Vanessa chick I’m playing is so boring. But, I know that it will be all worth it in the end. I love you, brother. I do. That’s why I’m doing this. It’s all out of love.

The camera zooms in on Vanessa.
ALLEYWAY
Image result for alleyway
A Mystery Person walks up to a dumpster and opens it. They grab a pair of glove out of the dumpster. They then put them in a bag and walk off. The camera stays on the Mystery Person as they walk off.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 168***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...