Tuesday, January 16, 2018

EP 152 - Carly's Arraignment Nears

EPISODE 152
Created By: Irna Phillips
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Dawn Gregory
Co-Executive Producer: Casey Hutchison

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.

At the LakeView, in the Hallway, Susan steps off of the elevator. She then walks down the hall of hotel suites and stops at Room 234. She lets out a sigh and knocks on the door. A couple of seconds later, Valerie opens the door.
Related image
VALERIE: Susan.

SUSAN: Hi, Valerie.

VALERIE: Um…, what brings you by?

Related image
SUSAN: We need to talk.

VALERIE: About what?

SUSAN: I read the letter. And, I want to welcome you to my family.

At Sierra and Marshall’s Penthouse, in the Living Room, Iva enters the living room. She then begins taking off her coat. Marshall shuts the door and turns around and goes to her. Iva throws her coat and purse on the couch.

Related image
IVA: (turning around) So, why’d you call me over here?

MARSHALL: Well, election day is nearing.

IVA: Yes, it is.

Related image
MARSHALL: And, I just want to see if I have a shot at winning this thing.

IVA: Marshall, we both know that Oakdale wants you as Mayor. So, the fact that you called me over here is ludicrous.

MARSHALL: Why do you say that?

IVA: Well, as I was pulling into the parking lot, Sierra was pulling out. I think you only invited me over here for a quickie.

At the Walsh Mansion, Out Front, Lily and Sierra walk up to the door.

Related image
SIERRA: (sighs) Do you think she’s home?

LILY: Probably. Look, I’m really cold right now. And, I have a key. So, I just say let’s skip the whole knock-on-the-door-she-ignores-us thing and go right in.

SIERRA: Okay. Go for it.

Lily and Sierra enter the home.

SIERRA: Mom!

Related image
LILY: Mom!

Then, they enter the living room.

LILY: Oh my god.

SIERRA: She’s passed out.

LILY: Drunk.

Image result for elizabeth hubbard
The camera pans over to a sleeping Lucinda on the couch. Lily and Sierra look at one another then back at Lucinda.

At the Oakdale Police Department, in a Holding Cell, Carly is sitting down on the bed. Then, she hears footsteps. She rushes up to the cell bars. Tom and Casey walk up to the cell.

Image result for Maura West
CARLY: Tom. Casey.

TOM: Hello, Carly.

Image result for blake hood
CASEY: Hi, Carly.

CARLY: What’s up with my case?

Image result for Tom atwt
TOM: Well, as you know, I only took your case because I thought it would be done with quickly. But, now that Vanessa plans to bring you to trial, I can no longer represent you.

CARLY: Because you’re the DA. I get it.

TOM: Good. Anyway, Casey will be taking over your case.

CARLY: Okay.

CASEY: And, don’t worry about a thing. I’ve been caught up.

CARLY: Don’t worry. I have faith in you.

CASEY: I have faith in you too.

TOM: Anyway, you hang tight. Casey and I have to make a quick run to the courthouse and see when your arraignment is. Okay?

CARLY: Okay. Thank you.

CASEY: Don’t mention it.

Casey and Tom smile at Carly in walk off. Just as Carly is about to turn back around to walk back over to the bed, she hears more footsteps. She then goes back up to the bars.

CARLY: Hi, honey.

Image result for michael park
JACK: Hi.

Still at the Oakdale Police Department, in Vanessa’s Office, Vanessa is sitting behind her desk, wearing a pair of reading glasses, and looking over a file. Then, there is a knock at the door.

Related image
VANESSA: Come in!

Andy enters. He shuts the door behind him.

VANESSA: (looking up) Andy, hi.

Image result for scott defreitas
ANDY: Hi.

VANESSA: What brings you by?

ANDY: I think we need to have a little chat.

VANESSA: (taking off her reading glasses) About what?

ANDY: Where we stand.

Back at the LakeView, in Valerie’s Suite, Susan enters the room. Valerie shuts the door, turns around, and walks over to her.

VALERIE: I didn’t expect you to accept me this fast.

SUSAN: Why wouldn’t I?

VALERIE: I don’t know. I mean, I’m the daughter you didn’t even know you had. And, after the lengths my father went to, to cover up the fact that I existed...well...you get the picture.

SUSAN: I do. I do get the picture. However, Valerie, I don’t blame you for anything John did. You were an innocent person in this whole mess.

VALERIE: But, was I?

SUSAN: What do you mean?

VALERIE: I mean, that I knew John was my father all along. And, I didn’t come to Oakdale to tell you until he died. Hell, even when I came to town, I kept…

SUSAN: Okay stop. Valerie, I mean it. I don’t blame you for anything. And, I also mean it when I say that I want you in my life. I want you apart of my family. Just...tell me...you want that too.

VALERIE: To be honest, I do.

SUSAN: You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that.

Susan and Valerie hug one another.

SUSAN: You know what?

VALERIE: What?

SUSAN: Let’s plan a family dinner.

VALERIE: (laughs) Seriously?

SUSAN: Seriously. I think it is high time you meet every single Stewart there is. So, what do you say? Are you up for a family dinner?

VALERIE: Well, you only live once. So, let’s do it!

SUSAN: (laughs) Good. Good. That’s good.

Susan smiles at Valerie.

Back at Sierra and Marshall’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Marshall and Iva step closer to one another.

IVA: Go on. Tell me the truth.

MARSHALL: Honestly, I called you over here for business.

IVA: (laughs) Yeah right.

MARSHALL: Why don’t you believe me?

IVA: Because, when we’re together, we’re hot. You know that. And, I know that.

MARSHALL: The sex is good. But, I honestly need to focus right now.

IVA: Yes, you do. I’ll give you that one. You do need to focus. You also need to analyze your priorities and get them in order.

MARSHALL: What does that mean?

IVA: It means that you need to decide whether or not you want to marry Sierra.

Back at the Oakdale Police Department, in Vanessa’s Office, Vanessa comes out from behind her desk. She then walks over to Andy.

VANESSA: I don’t know what you mean. When I came over to your place of business to try and reconnect with you, you wanted nothing to do with me. What changed?

ANDY: I feel as though we need to clear the air.

VANESSA: Really?

ANDY: Yeah.

VANESSA: So, what now?

ANDY: Well, I’m gonna go ahead and give you your chance to say all that you need to say. What now is your time to say everything to me that you’ve always wanted to say to me.

Back at the Walsh Mansion, in the Living Room, Lily and Sierra are still standing by the entrance to the living room.

LILY: What are we gonna do about this?

SIERRA: There’s only three things we can do.

LILY: Alright. Tell me.

SIERRA: We wake her up. We get her a cup of coffee. And, we get some cleaners over here to make this place look decent. So, come on, let’s get started.

LILY: Okay.

Sierra walks in the living room. Lily walks towards the kitchen.

Back at the Oakdale Police Department, in a Holding Cell, Jack walks up closer to the cell. Carly is holding the bars.

JACK: How are you doing?

CARLY: I think you can take a good guess.

JACK: Casey will get you out of this mess.

CARLY: I hope so.

JACK: I have faith.

CARLY: (sighs) I don’t.

JACK: Why’s that?

CARLY: Because, I feel like no one believes me. I didn’t mean to hit Sheila with my car. However, that is what everyone thinks.

JACK: That’s not what I think.

CARLY: Are you sure about that?

JACK: What is that supposed to mean?

CARLY: Jack, I am going through hell right now. And, you haven’t been by my side. Hell, you even went out of town on business matters for a day.

JACK: I’m the commissioner. I’m very busy.

CARLY: Too busy for me?

JACK: No.

CARLY: Really?

JACK: Yeah. That’s the truth.

CARLY: Well, I’m sorry, but I just don’t believe that.

JACK: You don’t?

CARLY: No. Because, if you weren’t too busy for me, you would’ve stayed here in Oakdale. You would’ve been by my side. You weren’t there to defend me when I needed you most. So, now, I’m even questioning whether you’ll be there or not for me in the future. So, one question remains. Will you be there for when I need you the most?

The camera pans back and forth between Carly and Jack.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 152***

No comments:

Post a Comment

EP 171 - The Finale

AS THE WORLD TURNS ~ EPISODE 171 CREATED BY: IRNA PHILLIPS WRITTEN BY: CASEY HUTCHISON STORY CONSULTANT: DAWN GREGORY SPECIAL N...